Taipan VS CIRCUITZ

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Taipan VS CIRCUITZ

Post by GF93 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Default setup.

I'll have to keep moving and be ready for anything he tries to avoid getting thrown out. That being said, I've got a few advantages myself: I can press my wedge, have enough speed/acceleration to pressure him/dodge as needed, his rear skirts impede him driving off my forks (they intersect with the ground when you raise one end), and I can potentially OOTA him as well. Most crucially, his durability is seriously lacking at only 3 armour: he'll damage himself each time he self-rights, and even one good hazard shot could cripple him. In short, he'll need a lot of set-up time to kill me, whereas I can do it in multiple ways.

Be aggressive, take the fight to him as much as possible whilst simultaneously stopping his attempts to control me, and force him to make mistakes I can capitalise on. Move out quickly, go for the sides/front corners to maximise my chances of getting under, and press down the wedge ONLY right as we're about to hit. Flip him if I have a solid enough grip, otherwise force him back and copy his movement if he tries driving off to force him into nearby walls/hazards. If he flanks, dodge/counter accordingly, and if I do end up on top, immediately drive off either side (away from where he can easily turn). Watch to see how he attacks constantly, and pursue him if he tries to hit and run to keep up the pressure.

When attacking, the most important thing will be to use the environment to the fullest possible extent. Force him into the killsaws/drum to deal serious damage, and if I catch him once, ensure I'm in a position to immediately do it again. If I can slow him down enough, bring the arm into play by flipping/throwing him and dropping it down on top of him (with my scoops underneath) to stop him self-righting, and if I'm in a position to OOTA him, by all means do so.

Tenacity and aggression form the basis of my defence: keep moving, unpredictable and coming after him constantly, herd/squash him into walls/corners/hazards to wear down the clock, escape and self-right immediately if flipped, don't lift unless definitely underneath, and keep away from the OOTA wall unless using it myself. Whatever happens, DON'T GIVE UP!

Good luck!

Killjoy

Re: Taipan VS CIRCUITZ

Post by Killjoy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:17 pm

CIRCUITZ: 10 speed / 8 traction / 4 torque / 5 weapon / 3 armour - full front flipper

Taipain: 7 speed / 5 traction / 3 torque / 5 weapon / 10 armour (+2 front stuff)

Alex V has to know he's outgunned. I have a serious speed edge, equal control (so he can't take advantage of oversteer), and more torque. My flipper can OOTA him from the start. He might be able to lever me out in like... the last thirty seconds.

So, what'll he do? He might try to deal damage, but I don't think that's really a thing here. I'm below the five point threshold for self-damage. Ramming damage? He does five and my front wedge has five armour. He's welcome to a consolation one point of shock damage, though. Basically, he'll try to use the hazards, but that requires me to be slow and dumb enough to let him, which I won't be. I'll just avoid them. Don't stray within a bot length of them and use my bigtime speed edge to keep him between myself and hazards whenever possible. If I do get wedged, I have great torque, a three point speed edge, and mecanums. My skirts are all hinged too and my wheels stick out, so he can't high center me. When he's not able to high-center, he likes to do the thing where he copies your movements to keep you on his wedge. That's a hard nope again. There's nothing to stop me from hooking, strafing, or jackknifing away if he wedges me, which is 50/50 in these new rules. If he flips me, I still have four wheels on the ground and can choose to self-right on the spot or drive somewhere safer.

Overall, his offense is going to be predictable: He'll try to avoid the Razor, probably go for not my flipper, and shove or flip me into the hazards. He'll try to be all cagey and aggressive, but even if I have to react occasionally, I have a three point speed edge. That's the same as Ori vs your standard HS deathspinner and that and my flipper gives me a lot more offensive opportunities. First, if I see him trying to create angles, let him do the work and cut him off by strafing. If we end up side-to-side, strafe into him sideways, wedge him with my side skirts, and flip. Generally, try to get him from a bit of an angle since he has chassis wedges along the sides and they mean he can be high centered easily from anywhere but the very front. Once I have him, I can do a run up and flip him OOTA or into the saws if he starts squirming away with his lifter. If I only manage to wedge him head on, he can still get away, so flip, follow up, flip again. I obviously have the speed to chain. In general, no tentative stuff. I want to flip or chain him straight OOTA, not even giving him a chance to sink his teeth into the match. Gone in the first minute if I can. Shock and awe.

Good luck :)