CBC4: KING CRIMSON vs Scrapper

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

hide
Team: Team C/D

CBC4: KING CRIMSON vs Scrapper

Post by hide » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:16 am

Scrapper: 4/2/1/16/7
KING CRIMSON, Armor config, forks off: 7/6/4/1/11, +2 wedge

So, let's get a couple things out of the way: I have a obnoxious drive advantage, as is common for this kind of matchup, and I can decently tank his weapon in a head-to-head collision, which actually figures into my strategy. Why? Well, one simple factor: his wedge, or lack thereof. Unlike standard Black Dog/Abyss FBD clones, his front is surprisingly bare, and he has no fork config. Yes, he does have side wedges, but:
1. He has -2 traction, I can easily avoid them
2. Because of the -2 traction and gyroing from his huge fuck-off drum, even if I don't actively avoid them he'll struggle to bring them
into play.
So besides his drum, what does he really have? Well, not much. Well, he does have something, but it helps me, not him. Huge. Wheels. To (again) contrast with Abyss/Black Dog, who usually have wheel guards, Scrapper has little to nothing protecting his noticeably large wheels. I can exploit this, especially given the decent amount of hazards through the arena.

Anyways, I plan to start off by full head-on ramming into Scrapper. He probably won't expect this, but since:
1. I can tank his drum
2. I have 7 speed, he has 4
3. He has no significant wedges
it should work. From there, I'm going to exploit his biggest weakness: those large wheels. I can't really go for a conventional OOTA with a 1-power flipper, and he knows it. But I can KO him in other ways, namely immobilization via hazards. After the initial charge, the plan is to take Scrapper on a tour of the arena hazards, first by pushing him into the Psycho Exes so they can chew on his wheels. Again, he only has 7 armor and non-UMHW wheels take double damage. The goal is to make sure he goes in wheels first, to maximize damage done to them. If I'm satisfied with the damage, the goal is to push him to the next PE hazard, and attempt to do the same thing. Ultimately, that's what I'll do for most of the match. When Scrapper's been sufficiently damaged, I'll bring him to the drums in the back and let them chew him up, if not OOTA him. If unsuccessful, repeat once more until it works.

Good luck Tri
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: CBC4: KING CRIMSON vs Scrapper

Post by Trihunter » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks for forgetting the preview stats and letting me see a segment of your RP in the Forum Activity channel, you muppet. I'll be kind enough to provide it myself.
ScrapperHellhound
ImageImage
Speed: 4Speed: 7
Traction: 2Traction: 6
Torque: 1Torque: 4
Weapon: 16Weapon: 1
Armour: 7Armour: 11 (+2 Wedge)
Config: N/AConfig: Armour
Ink or sink, bitch.

KISS. Spin up, aim to get some solid hits in. Our wedgelets are smol, but we can still utilize them somewhat. Also, we're wide af, good luck getting around that reliably, even if you're a bit faster. Aim to steer attacks in, not necessarily to wedge, but to get strikes in on the corners of their wedge. Also, for a slightly dangerous tactic to possibly employ: Gyro's gonna make us rear up if we turn at full power. Turn partially as they charge. Slam our wide-ass drum down on the top of their wedge, the flipper arms, and possibly the squishy chassis too. Profit. Also, that gyroing can be used to make controlling us hard as hell, as well as the drum grinding away at their wedge and trying to catch on and launch something. Once the wedge is out of commission, see if we can throw it away with the spinner and get a heavy hit on the actual chassis. If we do get under at all, that flipper mechanism isn't going to like being, ahem, manually activated. Odds are it'll be out of commission in a couple of hits (it's only got 7 armour, unlike the wedge itself), and then we can just mangle the front of the bot.

tl;dr: Rip the flipping mechanism out of its housing, demolish the chassis, win on damage probably.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)