TSA 2.1 VS Fork Factor

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

TSA 2.1 VS Fork Factor

Post by GF93 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:13 am

Wedge tip ON.

We're very close to each other in terms of stats, but while he has the better torque and the potentially-tricky Mecanum drive, I've got the more reliable wedge (from my skirts, the wedge tip, and the wide range both have as opposed to his narrow forks and 4WD chassis wedge elsewhere), and the flipper that can OOTA him at pretty much any time in the match. As long as I keep the pressure on and capitalise on any mistakes he makes, I should hopefully be able to handle him!

In that sense, be aggressive, but at the same time strategic. Move out quickly, and watch to see how he approaches: if he comes at me normally, focus on attacking from the corners/sides/sides of the forks) to maximise the chance of me getting under, flip, then get attacking. If he tries Mecanum drifting to dodge me, aim for where he's going rather than where he currently is to avoid being flanked (going for the same weak spots), and watch out for any sudden movements. If he presses the forks down, go for the body. Force him onto the defence early on, and actively stop his approaches to knock him onto the back foot.

Once I've got a flip in, up the aggression, keep piling on the pressure, and stay underneath/flipping him as much as I can. Throw him into the walls/Killsaws/Drum to score lots of damage/aggression points and potentially damage his wheels, copy his movements if he tries driving off the wedge, squash him into the walls/corners to wear down the clock, and stay close to actively stop him from self-righting when he's flipped. Most importantly though, force him near the OOTA wall, and any opportunity I get to do so, attempt to throw him over for the knockout.

Defence mostly means the aggressive kind, here. Focus on taking the fight directly to him, keeping him under pressure, and if I see him going for a particular approach, counter it. Keep the front facing him and my nose to the ground throughout, only flip when I'm definitely underneath to avoid misfiring, and keep him herded near the walls/hazards to nullify his mobility advantages. Self-right immediately if flipped, and if he gets underneath, don't panic: just reverse/j-turn off however I can and counter accordingly.

Good luck, TBR!