CBC4 LW Week 1: Apeirogon vs Eagle's Hawk

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 LW Week 1: Apeirogon vs Eagle's Hawk

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 pm

ApeirogonEagle's Hawk
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5
Traction: 3Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 12 (1 point from weapon armor bonus to lifter)Weapon: 13
Armour: 9(+1 weapon)Armour: 7
Config: High armor config w/ mecanumsConfig: Full power config
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 LW Week 1: Apeirogon vs Eagle's Hawk

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:23 am

Running the symmetrical high armor bar and mecanums, i'm also taking out the forks in the lifter as i would rather have a worse wedge than run the high risk of getting hit on the lifter if i fail to get under.

We both got identical drive stats, we both have 1 effective torque but he wins the pushing war a bit. I got strafing of course.
We both deal 5 damage if we hit something that isn't a spinning weapon, he is more likely to get corner damage but i am far more likely to hit a juicy wheel.
If no corner damage happens, i deal 1 damage to his weapon, he deals 0 to mine.
If i get flipped and the energy stored in my spinner doesn't save me i should be able to at least drive in a straight line at full speed away from him until i self right.
If he gets flipped his weapon won't touch the floor and needs to ram into a wall to self right, his ability to drive inverted is questionable and the effectiveness of the ramming into a wall thing is even more questionable.

Those forks look rather easy to angle on and if they get taken out he is left with a static wedge.
Plan is to angle in and or use strafing to align my wedges with his forks to at least get a decent shot at getting under to land a hit, i should be able to do so and deal five damage to completely destroy a fork or severely damage the front of his chasis, which may also disable the forks, if i get under but my spinner doesn't catch just try to get a weapon to weapon contact as i win (even though nothing really happens).
If he gets under be sure to use strafing to align myself to guarantee a weapon to weapon hit to minimize damage, also try to back off.
If i get him flipped aim to hit his sides, strafing might help getting in the correct position before he reaches self rights. In any case i will probably hit a wheel and pretty much win. If i hit the side but not a wheel i can say that Billy was kind enough to publicly show his internals so i know i will hit a battery and pretty much win.

GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Billy5545

Re: CBC4 LW Week 1: Apeirogon vs Eagle's Hawk

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 am

We have the similar drive stat to our opponent, except for the fact they have mecanums. However, while this may give them advantage in maneuver, they should also skid a bit more when strafing, and have marginally worse acceleration when moving in general as well. Meanwhile, our weapon deals a bit more damage than theirs and it will be decisive as we have the same armor, while our wedge are hinged wedgelets compared to their hinged flat ones. However, we also note that their weapon can lift and thus they can more effectively uppercut and flip us over, so we should avoid that from happening.

First start by trying to drive in a maneuvering match, while avoiding the hazards obviously, though we can use them when the situation calls, like leading out opponent there or to slow them down if possible. The maneuvering to counter their strafing will mostly be forcing them to do that as much as possible through some clever driving with baits or turns, as well as running away. We will also keep our front facing all the time.

We will mainly aim to wedge the bot through their hinged wedges using our own, while avoiding them from strafing to our side or the non hinged part of our wedge and hitting it. Once we do get under however, relentlessly hit them and try to chain hits or otherwise hamper their effectivity while they are knocked down, before they can recover. Keep doing so until they are KO'ed, aiming for the weapon or drive particularly. We can also lead them to a hazard at the same time while doing so.

Watch our for any tricks by our opponent and react accordingly to it so we won't fall for it. Exploit any openings we see while minimizing our own, and drive well of course. Also when they wedge and try to hit us, immediately back off before they can get a hit and lift in, going straight and then J-hooking for a bit. But since they can also strafe to keep up with that and get to our side, immediately keep our front pointed and try to face them again for another attack.

Good luck YS