CBC4 FW Week 1: Vindicator vs NRG 2

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

CBC4 FW Week 1: Vindicator vs NRG 2

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:27 pm

VindicatorNRG II
ImageImage
Speed: 9Speed: 3
Traction: 9Traction: 1
Torque: 7Torque: 1
Weapon: 0Weapon: 13
Armour: 5Armour: 12
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: CBC4 FW Week 1: Vindicator vs NRG 2

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Normal set of wedgelets plz.

OK so the glory hole isn't going to work here, considering the size of my opponent. This size and his high center of mass means that i might be able to send NRG over the razor when it's all the way down with a high speed ram (not like i expect to pull this off).

Other hazards will give me points but pretty much wont deal any damage to him.
I absolutely have the drivetrain to get wherever i want, but the only place where i might be able to do something is pushing from the side, i have to be careful because he may be able to drive off so adjust my positioning while pushing to correct for his slow movement, slow down if necessary. This also is because if he drives off i run the risk of driving straight into the no go zone and get OHKOed.
In any case if this works and i can control him by pushing from the side i want to feed him into the hazards, the big drum one is best but the others will do. If i can't get him into a hazard any wall will work. In any of these options i don't want to ram him at full speed into the hazard or wall because i can probably get hit somehow, so just leave him there and back away, especially with the hazards.
If i do the wall thing just make sure he can't easily get away without getting pushed into another wall or hazard.

The real thing here is that i absolutely MUST not get hit once, i can survive the hazards but avoid them anyways, but not getting hit by that spinner is #1 priority for the entire fight. This might seem hard but not only i am fast, i also have amazing acceleration and control, while NRG is very slow, and the weapon is in an awkward position that requires me to get in between his wheels to function, so if i am constantly driving around him and just pushing from the sides occasionally, i can completely avoid the entire thing and then get the JD as he didn't do damage and had no control, aggression is questionable but i can probably get it.

Just don't get hit lol
GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Wolf51-50

Re: CBC4 FW Week 1: Vindicator vs NRG 2

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:36 am

Vindicator used quick attack!
it's not very effective
NRG used Rollout!

Ok so I need to keep my eye on the razor edge because that's literally going to be his only hope in getting me out. But ofc he'll probably want to avoid my blade and will go for my wheels. Pull out the info reverse card and turn one of my wheels backwards and use bendy wheel physics to get a good hit in. He may have the speed but I can probably just wibbly wobbly out of the way when he tries to wedge underneath me and push me into horrible places. He also has that spoiler on the back along with the claws. The good news: that means that if I get too close to his body he's gonna have a hard time actually moving out of the way of the blade and I can simply hit the claws or better yet, his top armor. Does he have control of me? Keep spinning my wheels or use my rear supports as a way to slowly push me off. He would have to get a really lucky break to high center me.

Keep the blade spinning, reverse slightly when wedged and use jello physics to get hits in before he can send me into hazards. I should be able to 1 shot him in theory.

Good luck