Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 1: National Security vs Mastodonsaurus

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Superbomb122

Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 1: National Security vs Mastodonsaurus

Post by Superbomb122 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:19 pm

National Security: 16/1/1/1/11
Mastodonsaurus: 4/2/1/16/7

Alright I’m going to preface this with the simple fact that those supports on Mastodonsaurus are sketchy as heck. I’m not buying that a bar that big and powerful is being held in place by such skinny supports with such poor geometry for load bearing.

The thing with this fight on stats is that we are both dealing 5 damage on weapon-to-weapon hits. Usually, this would mean death for me, but I’m sure there’s at least one or two hits my teeth can take from him before I explode. Teeth =/= Where juicy bits/structural supports are, after all. Meanwhile, a hit to his weapon from me definitely breaks the bar as well as one of my teeth. It should be noted that I vaporize anything I hit besides that blade.

When the match starts, wait for him to come to me as I spin up. Move forward slightly from my square, then back up as he approaches to make sure he hits the teeth and not my chassis. If his bar spins against my bot, epic clash and things go flying. If he tries to spin with my bot, the presumably higher RPM of a smaller spinning object at similar speed (my bot against his spinner) will give me the ability to hit his blade anyway, in theory.

No matter what, keep spinning. If I’m spinning, I’m winning. If I’m not… well, I’m dead. If he loses the weapon and I’m alive, get more aggressive with my attacks. Stay away from hazards. Let him do the ‘oh I’m just gonna be Ray Billings’ bait. What’s his reward when I take it, losing his blade and taking a shot to the side?

TL;DR: Spin up and play passive until his blade is gone. Murder him when it breaks.

GLHF
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Cherry Bomb Classic 4 LW Round 1: National Security vs Mastodonsaurus

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:55 pm

I’m gonna start the match upside down. Why is that you ask? Because I’m basically avoiding weapon to weapon hits then, my blade will be higher then those low low teeth of his or at the very least, skimming over the top, meaning I’m just hitting that body of his and nothing else. As soon as the match starts I’ll spin up (duh) and approach him. He never explicitly gave his robot a melty translation bonus so errr... the thing is just ‘moving’ around at 1 speed... it should be less then that really, five rubber tyres do NOT translate all that quickly, especially with a wheelbase like that. Basically, he won’t have moved out of his square, meaning I can just whack him into the wall and fuck his day up royally, slowing him down, a fair bit (he’ll already have a slow spin up time with that many wheels) and just pummelling at that body constantly. The aim of the game is to try and kill him there and then, before he even really knows what hit him but if not, I’ll try sone fancy hockey shots into the arena drums, funnily enough, Melties lose a tonne of speed when tossed up into the air with there wheels not touching the ground, meaning I can just really go to town on him. He won’t have much internal room in there, it’ll all be very cramped and with me hitting his body each and every time, I’ll be sure to hit something somewhat vital each time, be it a battery, a motor or maybe some other electro gubbins. Apart from the initial onslaught, keep myself more or less in the centre of the arena, avoiding walls and hazards. Always keep spun up, always keep approaching him and always keep my weapon facing him at all times.
Best of luck.