Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Billy5545

Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Billy5545 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:11 pm

Seed Killer: 4/2/1/14/9
ICBINT: 8/7/3/0/12

We are facing a pure wedge now. Wedgelets on on our bot. With 12 armor facing our 15 weapon hammer, the whole bot may be able to endure it due to three weapon damage and shock. However, they have a fatal flaw. The wheels can go out in one hit each due to receiving 6 damage. They are also large and very exposed, which should give us an easy shot to disable them. Our wedgelets should also be able to angle in on them when we are close.

Start by going straight on ICBINT, then turn slightly before going straight again to angle in. If it's the flat wedge, it should be easy. But if it's the wedgelet one, angle in from the gap between the two wedgelets. We will then sneak a hammer shot. If we get wedged however, try to back off and J-Hook while firing the hammer when it's in the range of the chassis or wheels to help in the effort while getting extra damage. If we fail to free ourself, keep firing the hammer to jostle ourself free while hopefully getting a free shot or more at the same time. Our hammer goes 180 degrees, so it can hit as low as between the wedgelets' default position and into the top of our opponent. Then resume the control or freeing strategy.

However, if we are about to get wedged again for the second time, change our plan for offense. As we already said our hammer can hit low, time our hammer to when they are about to wedge us, so it will get a guaranteed hit on our opponent. Then attack and free ourself at the same time while we are controlled, using the same tactic described above. We want to priotize on getting a KO by hitting the wheel as fast as possible however.

Avoid the hazards obviously, especially the Glory Hole and the Razor. Also, watch out for any tricks the opponent will pull, like backing off when we try to hammer them. Adapt accordingly. Also try to bait them, before hitting when they fall for it.

Good luck Boto

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Angry Bird: Seed Killer Gen II vs I Can't Believe It's Not Tanto

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Using the big friggin Wedgelets and heavy stoppers.
First things first is to go right for him, get some aggression points on the board nice and early to get things started. I have double the speed he has so I almost definitely will be able to angle in on him at all times, perhaps even flank him slightly, either way, I’ll be avoiding that hammer of his. Even if I did go head on, my Mega Wedgelets are many times the size of his and his will slot inbetween mine, as long as I’m facing him I’m getting under him at all times. Be fast, be aggressive, always be on him, never letting up, my main goal is to get him through the glory hole right away, he won’t be able to drive off of my wedge thanks to his ring wheels and almost nonexistent ground clearance. He doesn’t have a rear ‘tail’ stabiliser like Terrorhurtz or Beta, he will lose almost all of his energy hopping upwards when firing with that heavy hammer head of his, meaning he won’t be hitting hard at all and he certainly won’t be able to hit me when wedged. Keep the match quick, push him through the gloryhole and it’s job done but if I fail this I can always just ram him into the arena drums a few times, deposit him to the Xs as well, let em tenderise him but with my speed I shouldn’t have to, it’ll all be over pretty quickly. If he gets a lucky hit on my wheels then they should be fine, they are based off of the ones used by Sewer Snake and Devil’s Plunger from 03 to 04, the thin walls are made to take impacts by buckling a little rather than sending it directly into the shaft, I should be fine, if not a bit hoppy. Always keep facing him at all times, wedges first, BW agile, darting around to his sides, angling in, making myself hard to hit in general. Smother him completely, ramming him all around the arena walls like a guided tour when the glory hole isn’t an option to me.
GL