CBC 4 FW WK1: Untitled Goose Robot vs Irritant

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

CBC 4 FW WK1: Untitled Goose Robot vs Irritant

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:38 am

I feel Irritant has the advantage on the chassis design, if Goose is using clampers for this match then I can actually see him struggle to clutch the angled sides of my design. If he does catch me however I can use my flipper to get out of Goose’s grasp.

Avoid to overly commit myself, use my speed and traction advantage to angle right at either part of the grabbing claws on Goose and use the flipper to topple him inverted.

I’ll avoid the Wild Flings but I will try to take Goose to the Psycho Exes in hope to create some damage, obviously not to stupidly drive over the Exes.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: CBC 4 FW WK1: Untitled Goose Robot vs Irritant

Post by V900 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:56 pm

first fight week 1 lets do dis shizzzzzz

standard config

So knowing TBR he'll probably do one of two things:
1. go "oh i can flank this guy" and try to do so (hint: 8 speed with imperfect traction isn't gonna cut it)
2. drive straight forward at me

If he goes with 1, well, then that's an easy win. Catch his side as he's trying to go for it and drag him around with my clamps and torque.

If he goes with 2, then I've got 3 lines of defenses. The hinged wedges, then the static wedges, then the hinged clamps. If he wins the coinflip on both the hinged and static wedges (so 75% he fails one and I wedge him), then I've got huge ground clearance and (hinged!) clamps to clutch it out. Hinged, as in, they flop downward even if the rest of my chassis is sitting on his wedge.

Worst case scenario, I just hook off and try again. Back off if he flips me.

Stay away from the wall unless I'm the one pushing him into it. Last thing I need to to get loloota'd during my very first CBC4 match.

gl hf