CBC4 LW R1: Boring Gray Wedge vs. TRILOBITE!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rocket

CBC4 LW R1: Boring Gray Wedge vs. TRILOBITE!

Post by Rocket » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:07 pm

Boring Gray Wedge (Combat Oblong):
Speed: 8 | Traction: 7 | Torque: 4 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 11 (+2 w0dge) | 4WD | Hinged Forked Wedge

TRILOBITE! (Fastest Fossil Alive):
Speed: 9 | Traction: 9 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 9 | 2WD | Static Forked Wedge

---

So TCRR's come on leaps and bounds since they started, and this is a tough battle for TRILOBITE! to try and win. The Fastest Fossil Alive is built to outspeed the opponent, and against speed bricks like BGW that's really difficult to do. This is a game of inches, and I've got some notable advantages over BGW, so let's build a plan around them.

TRILOBITE!'s marginally faster than BGW and has a perfect control ratio as opposed to a -1. While BGW's forks are more closely spaced than mine, they're also very short and provide quite a good surface for me to get under, as does the flat portion at the side of BGW's wedge. Thus, I have to try and shove him around from the start. Take the offensive and shove him all over the place - if I can get him out of the hole in the wall, that's great, but beyond that I'll just try and use my small advantages to control the pace of the fight. I need to make use of my better control and constantly try and get around to his sides, because it's quite difficult to J-hook off a curved surface and that gives me a couple of extra moments to shove him around. The best defence really is a good offence here. However, I can't be too gung-ho, because if he manages to turn me over I've pretty much had it. Spoilers: the next version of the bot needs its wheels embiggenated.

Forcing him to drive defensively is great, but it leaves me vulnerable to counter-attacking strats. I'll attempt to ameliorate this advantage through constant pressure to his flanks and, if possible, his rear. I intend to slam him repeatedly into walls and arena hazards, but I don't want to get caught in any of them myself, especially since TRILOBITE! has a much wider footprint. Still, I can make this robot dance, and that balance of speed and control is going to have to be enough.

Good luck Code, and have fun. =]
TEAM WORST SWORDSMAN
"The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the second-best; he fears the worst swordsman, because he can't predict what the idiot will do."

Active Roster:-
VEXED!
LW: TRILOBITE! (1-0) (Lifetime: 3-4)

Cherry Bomb Classic 4
MW: DRAGONFIST (6-1) (Lifetime: 15-9)
HW: TABOR MARK 4 (4-3) (Lifetime: 12-14)

Full Roster
Lifetime Figures: 42-51 (0.452)

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Re: CBC4 LW R1: Boring Gray Wedge vs. TRILOBITE!

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:41 pm

Boring Gray Wedge (Combat Oblong):
Speed: 8 | Traction: 7 | Torque: 4 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 11 (+2 w0dge) | 4WD | Hinged Forked Wedge

TRILOBITE! (Fastest Fossil Alive):
Speed: 9 | Traction: 9 | Torque: 3 | Weapon: 0 | Armour: 9 | 2WD | Static Forked Wedge

Ok so looking at her stats, she's got better control, but less torque. What I'll do is start the match, waiting for her to make a move. Once she goes in a certian direction, I'll back up onto her wedge, monstertruck over it, and end up on the backside. That back wedge is mounted statically, so it's not gonna be flush with the floor if she has any ground clearance, which means I can get under pretty easily. If she starts trying to take me on a tour over the hazards, I take advantage of her shallow wedge, and go over it. Once I'm underneath from maneuvering to Trilobites rear end, I'll begin pushing it around, and unlike when she tries to push me, she has no ground clearance, thus preventing her from making an escape from my wedge. If I outwedge her front on, push her around and into the wall, if possible get her through the glory hole or the razor to end it quickly. Remember, if I get wedged, I can escape due to my high ground clearance, if she gets wedged, she cannot escape due to her low ground clearance and her lack of wheels poking out the back.

Tldr: push her around, dunk her if possible, as any time I can get underneath she'll get high centered and be unable to escape from my pushing, but if she tries to push me then I can just go right over her, due to her lack of a steep angle/ lack of horns to hold opponents onto it's wedge.
Good luck