Massive Disc vs Taskmaster V4:

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

Massive Disc vs Taskmaster V4:

Post by patrickrowberry » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:18 pm

task: Stats: 9/8/6/3/4

mass: stats: 8/7/4/7/4

i'm two wheel drive

so he must press to get under

so let him come ot me keep head on and trun into him whe he presses and flip him over weiht my fliter

only flip him again when he re-sets pushing him to a hazord

try go for a outa if possible

use my large size to make it as hard as possible for him to do much and escape

good luck

hide
Team: Team C/D

Re: Massive Disc vs Taskmaster V4:

Post by hide » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Taskmaster V4 (FORKS ON): 9/8/6/3/4
Massive Disc: 8/7/4/7/4

This match-up is pretty good for me for a couple of reasons:
1. I have a pretty sizable drive advantage. We have more or less equal steering, but I out-speed him and I have 2 more points of torque than he does.
2. His wedges are absolute garbo. First off, they're poorly shaped, which hinders their ability to function effectively, if at all.
Another problem emerges when you look at their type: they're hinged wedges, which nullifies the slight advantage he might have
had if they were 2WD static.
So I have a better wedge and a drive advantage, which is pretty damning in a fight like this.

But even if you ignore all that, there's one last nail in Pat's proverbial coffin: ramming damage. Normally it's not much of a factor, but with his lacking armor and my absurd drive if actually factors into this battle. To spare you the formulas, I deal 8 ramming damage (9 speed + 6 torque = 15, divide by two = 7.5, and then round up). Massive Disc has 4 armor. Do the math, and it turns out that I deal 4 damage per full speed ram, which is quite significant, actually.

So, my strategy, surprisingly enough is based around my main advantage: drive power. The strategy here is to utilize it and my decent ramming damage to force a KO. Anyways, I'll start off approaching at a angle as quickly as possible, and try to ram Pat 's bot into my team's corner to target it with the hazards. Normally, they aren't much of a factor, but given that neither bot has much armor they can actually do damage here. Anyways, try to keep him pinned as long as possible while letting the pulverizer wail on him. If he mentions that he's "too big to pin", go watch Gruff vs Mammoth. Anyways, once the ref tells me to let him go, try the same thing: ram at a angle, pin him in the corner, and fuck him up with the pulverizer.

Anyways, GL Pat
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney