Hati vs. NKC Again (ROBOT3 MW 3rd Place Playoff)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hati vs. NKC Again (ROBOT3 MW 3rd Place Playoff)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:47 am

Hati:
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 0
Armor: 12

NKC:
Speed: 7
Weapon: 5
Armor: 11 (+2 to the wedge)
Traction: 5
Torque: 2

Sword config (forks) please.

If he goes forks wedges are pretty close but I can angle in better than he can. If he goes plow because he realized the lifter’s actually counterproductive, I slightly outwedge him. Either way he can’t high-center me.

Go on the attack at the start and STAY on the attack. Occasionally angle in, but mostly ram head-on.

If he uses forks: He’s got both the pontoons and the lifter and they have similar reach. If he doesn’t press the lifter it’s basically hinged, if he does press the pontoons are in the air, he can’t do both at once so part of the wedge is always vulnerable. The speed of the bots should pretty much mix up my attack angles and positions by default, but try to either get one of my pontoons between his or on either edge of his forks.

If I get under, push him around. Slam him into walls if possible, but be ready for him to back or spin away and keep pursuing him. If he gets under me… then head-on my pontoons will hit the near-vertical back of his plow and let me push against it, and even from the side he has no way of high-centering me. Push him back a bit to show dominance before backing or spinning off and re-engaging unless he’s lifting me. He seems to want to try to lock wedges and then spin: so if our wedges get locked, FLOOR it. If he spins and manages to turn me sideways, I have the power, speed, and ground clearance to just monstertruck off his pontoons sideways. If he doesn’t turn he’ll get pushed.

As seen last fight his lifter won’t do much to me. If he does get me under the pontoons lifting will just tip me back, hopefully until I can just push forward and wheelie up and over and escape. His saw takes 24 seconds to get through my armor at all (static pin’s 15 s, good luck getting a long dynamic pin when you can’t high-center me), and Hati’s front is almost all wedge with nothing under it but wedge mounting. I don’t think he can even reach my chassis without getting completely behind me (so obviously avoid that). And because his lifter will lift my front and tilt me back, if he gets the saw in it’ll probably be on the forwardmost part of the pontoons. He can maybe put slots in them but that’s all.

If his weapons are working well, don’t give him a chance to use him: ram at ludicrous speed and just bounce the bots off each other, knocking him around and popping him in the air if he monstertrucks off me, and just be relentless. Basically go Yeti Mode without an active weapon.

GL HF

Badnik96

Re: Hati vs. NKC Again (ROBOT3 MW 3rd Place Playoff)

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 pm

i'm not winning this fight and i dont want to expend brainpower on it so i'll concede third

congrats hfl
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ