Blackburn kangaroo vs night jackal

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Blackburn kangaroo vs night jackal

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:07 am

Bk: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 9 (+2 spinner)

Nj: same stats except weap: 16/ arm: 7

Rping on mobile, sorry for quality errors
________

K so I could give you a comprehensive rundown on how exactly I’m going to rebound and how i deal 3 damage to his weapon and he deals 1 to mine and we both take the same shock so i win the attrition war but he’s starting upside down unless he’s a complete moron so let’s address that situation instead

The main problem with starting upside down for him is shape. My front is angled, specifically to deal with this sort of game. His front is a giant rectangle i deal exactly 7 damage to: you do the math. Regardless of how things line up: whether he’s too tall to hit me, just the right height, whether he or i out-ranges the other. He’ll get deflected upwards by my frontin an impact and not deliver the full force of his attack, allowing me to continue moving at him even if he out-ranges me. And i always deliver the full force of my hit.

Be as aggressive as i can: this might be a double ko and i need the points :V

If he is right side up just attrition him down, stay to the middle, etc.

Gl

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Blackburn kangaroo vs night jackal

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Blah blah you know the starting upside down gubbins already.
His angled front is intriguing. It’s a very sharp pointed shape, if it was rounded at the edge it would be excellent at deflecting a HS like mine but it isn’t, I can get a real good bite on that and tear that stuff right off. I’m not ever going weapon to weapon really and the 7 armour body will not take a hit well at all. His spinner is positioned so far forward that there simply isn’t room for it to have a thick shaft and a large pulley, meaning, his spin up will be slower and one hit to that front should totally just kill his weapon. Because it is angled like a wedge I’ll deflect off it and in the process lift myself up, meaning the front of my robot basically bounces over his blade whilst his own front is ruined, shaft, pulleys, belts and all. With a disc like that he can’t turn like I can, as you seen with Valkyrie, it turns itself ‘around the disc’ rather than the whole robot turning like I can, especially aided by the fact I’m upside down, if he angled for my wheels then he really is just offering one of his own to mine and with a Valk’ clone, it really is game over if he loses one when undercutting. If he goes for my wheels then I can just turn and whack him, the gyro forces will lift my front up, over his blade as I hit his own front. The aim of the game is to spin up immediately as the match starts, go for him, disable his weapon with that one hit right to his front (I have a very slight reach advantage) and just whack away after that until he’s done. The force from my weapon hitting the floor if I flip over should right me back onto my errrr... back! A bigass armour bonus disc like that will take much longer to spin up than my bar as well. Always face him blade first, no matter what.
Gl