Blackburn Kangaroo vs Doomerang

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Blackburn Kangaroo vs Doomerang

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:06 pm

BK: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 9 (+2 spinner)

Doomerang: Weapon: 3/ Traction: 3 (+5 melty-brain spinup bonus for a total of 8) / Torque: 1 / Speed: 13 / Armor: 10 (+1 to the thwack teeth)

my weapon/weparm/armor: 14/15/7
his: 13/11/10

so I deal 3 damage to him, he deals exactly none to me. he's clearly planning for the long game - survive a few hits, wear down my weapon speed, then move in for the kill with shock and chassis damage. here's the problem. his design. 3 wheels in 3 pods in a circle, all of which are close together at the end of long poles that are, functionally, his weapon teeth. lose foam on one of those tires, face any warping near the tires, of the overall frame, of the teeth, of the... anything directly on his striking surface, and the entire system is compromised. so yeah, sure, he has the minimal stat advantage for the long game. he doesn't have the design for it.

going undercutter - % chance of hitting wheelfoam is pretty high here, and there's no reason to overcut. him being able to stay spun up and keep hitting me is still a major concern, his design flaws aside. number one priority this match is having a safe out. fortunately, I get to the center of the arena faster than he does, so I should be able to set up there first. in general, try and get hits such that we're rebounding far away from each other: I need those big smashy hits that send both of us into a gyro spinout: it prevents him from gaining the advantage. first priority is being far away from him after an impact, secondary is being in the center of the arena - turn off the weapon right after a big hit to minimize gyro as well.

I comprehensively out-reach him. he can try strafing shenanigans, but at the end of the day he's not getting all the way around my disc to something important. if we do end up in a grindier sort of engagement (no big slam HUGE HIT THERE KENNY), I'm in prime position to shred his wheels.

there really isn't a lot more to say here. if I plan the rebounds well, my stats will do the work.

GL

Badnik96

Re: Blackburn Kangaroo vs Doomerang

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:07 pm

i'm gonna try the same shit i did against blue zenith. play keep away with his blade while making him fight his weapon's inertia to keep facing me. idc if youre faster than me thats a bigass weapon at the front and your wheels are way the fuck at the back and combine that with your bad traction and big boy spinner and i should be able to outmaneuver him as long as we aren't moving in straight lines, which i don't want to happen. use my omni-directional movement to its fullest here, keeping out of his range, baiting him into attacks he can't hit (NEVER a linear hit. always make sure he has to turn into me to strike) and wait for him to inevitably make a mistake. 13 weapon/7 armor is somewhere in the ohko range i'm pretty sure, or at least i can cripple a wheel and make it even harder for him to build up momentum. stay zippy and stay focused. one hit will decide this fight and i need to make sure it's mine.

good luck gabe and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ