ROBOT3 LW Playoffs: Dubior Jr vs MADSCIENCE

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Playoffs: Dubior Jr vs MADSCIENCE

Post by Trihunter » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:19 pm

Well shit.
Dubior JrMADSCIENCE
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 16
Traction: 7Traction: 1 +5
Torque: 2Torque: 1
Weapon: 9Weapon: 2 (1/1/1)
Armour: 4Armour: 10 (+2 teeth)
Config: WedgeletsConfig: 1/1/1
Ok, this is going to be a stupidly short fight. Box rush immediately, we're going to aim to yeet them out immediately. Madscience is getting zero time to get up to speed because Dubior ceases to exist if it does. Just bull-rush them, take a little hit on the flipper if need be and hoist them out as quickly as we can. If the first flip doesn't get them out, remain ultra aggressive and try another. Keep Madscience stuck on our wedge as much as possible, tossing them up and out as many times as we can. As usual, all the walls are killzones to us, so just slide them up to whichever's closest to hoist them out with or easiest to reach without losing the bot from on top of us. Madscience's wheelbase is really, really fucking wide, which means we'll strand them instantly the moment we're under like 90% of the time. Use our far better (well, better for sensible movement) drivetrain to never give them an inch. It'll require a lot of hard work to pull off, but I reckon it can be done.

Best of luck, Alex.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: ROBOT3 LW Playoffs: Dubior Jr vs MADSCIENCE

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:53 pm

Okay, so I’m 99% sure his strategy is going to be ‘box rush and yeet out of the arena’ because it’s really all that he can do. I’m sure that lots of people would love to see the underdog with the ballsy strategy win, but I’m going to just remain steady and present a rational case. Wanna know why? He has FOUR armour. Even if I only get to half-power, I do serious damage to him. But I think I’ll be able to get to more than that. That’s because of two reasons: firstly, I have sixteen actual speed. I can’t steer worth a lick at full tilt, but I can point myself in a straight line and bolt away if it looks like I’m about to eat the rush and yet approach. Second, he’s not Hellhound. He only has two points of torque. Maybe he can stop me from reaching full speed, but I won’t be far from it, especially with that melty spin-up buff.

How about getting YEETed out of the arena? Well, flippers throw things in an arc. Given the size of my bot, its rotational stability, and his max flip height, I’d have to be at the right distance from the wall so that I’d be at the top of that arc when he YEETS me to actually sail clear over.

I guess what I’m really saying is that I have options and fallbacks here. His win conditions are pretty limited, unlikely, and require a lot of things to go right for him. Mine are: hit him at anything more than 3/5 full speed and don’t just sit near the walls not spinning like an idiot.

So, point myself in a direction away from his inevitable rush, bolt in said direction once he gets close and spin up immediately, forcing him to react, stop right near my corner, turn, and chase after me, and then hit him like a goddamned freight train. In general, avoid walls, spin up, and annihilate. If I get wedged, and he tries to do a run-up for the wall, his low torque should give me some time to calmly use the punching bar to jar myself loose, and then bolt away with my sixteen speed.

GL, my dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!