(2b) Visual Assault vs (3a) White Cat

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

(2b) Visual Assault vs (3a) White Cat

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Visual Assault:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 5
Weapon: 5
Armor: 9 (+2 front)
duck plow

White Cat:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 16
Armor: 6

Most of his plow is flat, which is great for me because I can bite that and throw him. Even if he gets his wedge fork under me, if I just move a little bit, my drum will come down on top of the fork and potentially remove it. On top of being able to bite and throw him, I also do 4 shock damage on his face and threaten OHKO everywhere else. As I've said before this season: I have 5 hits, so I'll make them count.

Start slow: spin up in my corner, then head out. Be aggressive with positioning from here forward. If he goes in head-on, go with it and try to either launch him or take off his fork. If he tries to flank, keep driving forward as if it were going to be a head-on collision and start turning as soon as I'm past him. In the time it'll take him to slow down, turn, and line up another run, I should be facing him again. If he angles at me, turn toward him and hit whatever part of him is easiest to hit at that moment. If wedged and unable to escape, turn the weapon off until I'm free so I don't take self-damage on the wall (gotta preserve those hits, yo). The goal here is simple: remove, disable, or otherwise heavily damage his plow and potentially weaken his driving with shock damage within my first 3 or 4 hits, then use my last hit on one of his now relatively-easier-to-hit 7 armor parts to KO him.

If I'm able to get a shot on a weak part of his bot early on, go for it. If he leaves himself open to an OOTA and I have more than 1 hit left in my weapon, go for it. If my weapon dies before he does, get under the plow and try to turn. I can't outpush him, but I can still influence the direction and force us to go in a circle, denying him whatever points he'd otherwise get for a pin (if he still has the beak wedge, angle in on that instead - same effect).

glhf

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: (2b) Visual Assault vs (3a) White Cat

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:49 pm

Visual Assault: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 front) - duckface

White Cat: Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 6

obvious drivetrain things are obvious. 13 armor to 16 weapon is an EZ clap, but the shock damage isn't. fortunately it's most likely that the shock takes out my weapon before it gets to anything else, since the weapon is such a large mechanism independent of the rest of the robot. my biggest advantage is the fact that he has 3 drums. the only face presented on the front of my robot that he can get a decentish bite on is that wedgelet, which is also the first part of my robot presented to an enemy. said wedgelet is about the size of one of his drumettes. In other words, most of our engagements will likely be ONE THIRD of his weapon mass hitting the most strongly armored part of my robot on a flat surface. He should NOT be dealing full effective damage to me if I can ensure that such an impact occurs. also he has a 16 power drum: his gyro is gonna be insane.

generally speaking I'm not going to be monkeying around - I don't have the speed for it. what I do have is the control to ensure that we hit directly head-to-head, and that only 1 drum of the 3 actually delivers the blow. so do that: watch for monkey business with gyro, straight-line baiting, j-hook baiting, etc.: I'm expecting him to try something, and will put all of my effort into avoiding that, and none of it into trying to get around him. PRESS BEFORE IMPACT: I need to get under him

the most important part of this fight is what happens after that first hit: and that is me reacting quickly. fortunately, I just so happen to have insane torque, allowing me to pretty much instantly accelerate to where he ends up, and then push him at a full 6 speed (I can also use the wedge upside down okish, so just do that if im flipped to save time). what I need to do from here is manhandle him - his drum needs to be hitting me with half power, needs to be hitting the walls or the floor, and he needs to never regain control of his bot: after the cautionary first engagement, balls to the walls aggro on him to snowball my control for as long as possible. if he turns off his weapon, he's even easier to control: try and prop him up on a wall, or OOTA him with a lift or somethin in that case.

I should be able to eat 2 hits here and be fine: my goal is to try and waste all but 1 on less than full power hits, or hits that impact the arena. if he gets away before the weapon dies, repeat what I did at the start of the match: perfect hit, then full aggro.

once his weapon's dead, just press and shove him about the place, pinning when I can

GL