Hallucinogen vs. Venice Queen (ROBOT3 LW QFs)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hallucinogen vs. Venice Queen (ROBOT3 LW QFs)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:39 am

STATS:

Hallucinogen: Speed 5 / Traction 3 / Torque 1 / Weapon 12 / Armor 9 (+2 wedge)

Venice Queen: Speed 10 / Traction 8 / Torque 3 / Weapon 1 / Armor 8 (+2 wedge)

Drum config. Gabe said VQ’s going with his scoops.

Venice Queen has an amazing drivetrain, but not great armor, and his electric FLIPPER can’t be pressed but is also too weak to OOTA me. I handily outwedge his front scooplets.

Keep the weapon spinning, be as aggressive as possible, and avoid getting flanked, advancing in wide turns and fading back in response to charges for my sides wherever I can. He’s probably going to outmaneuver me plenty, but his ability to capitalize on it’s limited. He can’t high-center me, and if he’s attacking from my sides, which he has to to avoid my wedge, regardless of his insane pushing speed I can use my good wheel to reverse and J-turn perpendicular to his wedge, matadoring away and letting him speed past and possibly hit the wall. If he flips me, mix between gyroscopic self-righting and just charging him and hopefully catching the vertical tops of his scooplets with my downward-spinning drum.

The thing is I don’t need to get in that much. 2 corner damage is a threat to wedges, and each of his scooplets has a very thin, shallowly angled edge which will be pretty easy for a drum hit to bend upward. Be VERY aggressive with followups after each hit, by which I mean floor it to where I expect him to land: I know he loves running away before self-righting, but even with 3 torque his acceleration isn’t instant and he’ll be spending up to a second or more airborne, giving me time to catch up with him and hit him where he doesn’t want to be hit. A hit not on the wedge can one-shot him at full speed, and even at reduced speed I’ve got plenty of margin to do things like warping his wheel guards into his wheels or damaging his delicate four-bar flipper mechanism. 2+ curled-up wedges, a locked up drive side, or a dead flipper are all capable of letting me dominate the rest of the match, and I can easily inflict any of those in a couple of hits if he doesn’t drive PERFECTLY.

GL HF

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Hallucinogen vs. Venice Queen (ROBOT3 LW QFs)

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:21 pm

CONFIG:

HAL: Speed: 5 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 12 (Vertical config) / Armor: 9 (+2 wedge) (Vertical config)

VQ: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front)

His wedges are steep and cumbersome, though still 2WD. that being said, even if he gets under the outer 2 wedges, the middle one is seperate from the body on the 4-bar linkage, which should mean that it will end up underneath the drum, preventing it from easily getting a big hit, and instead forcing it to try and grind on 10 armor. He deals no appreciable shock damage, and I have double his speed (and he has gyro effects to worry about), almost 3x his traction, and 3x his torque.

He wins by forcing the head-on. he can do this by being aggressive, or by turtling. if he...

=>is aggressive: be more aggressive. angle in both close and wide - I can try to get around to his sides with the advantage I have. watch for gambits: he could try to

-j-hook off to one side and then catch me on the side - flanking prevents this from being executed cleanly, since I can just ...keep turning into him before he gets to where he wants to be

-some variation of using gyro to his advantage (turn purposefully too hard to one side to force gyro, try to monster truck me and then slam down the weapon (likely by being upside down) - this is RNG for him, but he's aiming to hit my unarmored top. don't let him. monster trucking me in general isn't a great strategy since I can flip to prevent him from getting at my top.

-weird straight-line baiting that alex has done in the past - this really didnt work very well then, I don't see why it would now)

most likely though he's just trying to snowball getting under me to get past my wedges and to the body. this is why the wedges are long, and why I have 10 speed. if he gets under, I try to back off, but probably get hit: but I can just run away, self-right, and regroup: how's he gonna catch me unless I made a mistake I know not to make?

=>is turtling: wait it out. position myself such that I'm at his side, and in a position to punish as soon as he escapes.

no really. I don't interact with turtles. if I absolutely have to, ram into him head-on at absolute full speed: the impact very likely slams him into a wall, from which he will dance about quite entertainingly while I recover and get on the aggressive again.

always stay away from walls. he wins by cornering me and hitting an OOTA or my body, and I'm here to not let him win. when I have control, prioritize flipping initially - he can just gyro off if I get under from the side, so pop him up to disrupt, THEN go for wall slams (weapon directly into wall, preferably), flipping only if I can guarentee his drum won't end up flying back at my body (probably just when it's not spinning).

GL