Defenestrator vs. Death Metal (ROBOT3 HW QFs)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Defenestrator vs. Death Metal (ROBOT3 HW QFs)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:15 am

Defenestrator: Speed 7 / Traction 6 / Torque 2 / Weapon 4 / Armor 11 (+1 wedge and lifter forks)

Death Metal:
Speed 4 / Traction 2 / Torque 1 / Weapon 16 / Armor 7

Anti-horizontal config.

This is basically BK but a mid-cutter not an overcutter and without the sloped front that helped it reach my arm, so it shouldn’t be as dangerous to me.

Keep the lifter raised behind me until I stop her bar. Come in fast at the start and try to knock her into the wall.

If she starts inverted approach cautiously: her bar will be lower than BK’s but it’s still dangerous. However note that her bar’s strongly beveled to bite into wedges – but if she’s upside-down, the bevel will be too and will make it skip off my armor more. She didn’t say the bar itself can be inverted. If she does invert the bar, then if she ever gets right-side-up it will REALLY skip off my wedges and be way less effective since my wedges are shallower near the floor. If she’s right-side-up be more aggressive with trying to smother, and try to make her blade hit the middle of my wedge. Either way try to force her into the wall. 4 flat-surface damage is low enough that I can take some hits. Do NOT try to attack her sides while she’s at speed: obvious bait’s obvious.

If I can stop her blade, bring the arm down and try to grab her. If possible grab her weapon support truss with either my forks or clamp between the upper and lower ones: even with the armor plates over the outside the inside will give me a lot of purchase. Either way grabbing the truss will block her from spinning up. Break her traction, pin her in the corner… and try to get my FORKS between the top and bottom trusses while still blocking her bar. Then repeatedly grab and thrash her around and ram her into the wall as long as I can. I want to break or derail her exposed chain, and pokey things backed up by a heavyweight’s weight and power should easily do so. Only go for OOTAs if her weapon’s down, or if I’ve tried this multiple times without it working. If her chain’s broken I can also try to balance her against the low wall on her rear.

If she manages to take out my weapon, then go full YOLO MODE and charge her. I still have a good wedge, and if I monopolize aggression and control enough to take 4-1s it will offset even a 5-0 damage score.

Good Luck Etc.

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Defenestrator vs. Death Metal (ROBOT3 HW QFs)

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:25 pm

DefenestratorDeath Metal
ImageImage
Speed: 7 Speed: 4
Traction: 6 Traction: 2
Torque: 2 Torque: 1
Weapon: 4 Weapon: 16
Armour: 11 (+1 front wedge and lifting forks) Armour: 7
Config: Anti-spinner Config: N/A
Starting in blue square

First off, I see that Defenestrator's only two losses in his group are both to horizontals, with Blackburn Kangaroo having identical stats as mine, and Saturnian Wristwatch had one point less in weapon-and still won! I cause 4 damage to the plow/lifter forks and there are corners...nice juicy corners. Oh, and I have even more reach with my bar.

Spin up and get out of my corner, but remain in my 1/3 of the arena roughly parallel to the wall; show my side, at first, regardless of what Defenestrator does. I'll assume that either HFL will use his speed & control advantage to box-rush me with the lifter/clamp out of reach or utilize a more cautious approach. Either way, he'll likely have that arm safely pulled back...and up. The arm has a travel limit of 120 deg., which means that if he's going to have the arm 'back', it's still more 'up' than 'back', and that's going to affect his control with the pivot point of the lifter/clamp raised at that angle, and that's going to throw off his turning when maneuvering against me.

With that, I'll further try to throw off Defenestrator by switching up my approach by using my wheels as bait, using my backside as bait, a mix of both, and then swing around in either direction to attack, whichever way that I can determine quickly that will have a better chance at catching a corner (I can change the direction of my weapon spin). I aim to frustrate in addition to causing damage to Defenestrator at this point. Also during this time, I will look to stay in the 2/3 of the arena on the high wall side.

Now, I would think that sooner or later, HFL will want to bring the arm into play. Unlike BK, there are not many places that the lifter arms can 'catch' on and get a clean lift on, like with BK's disk . There's also the issue of even if the lifter catches me by a wheel and tries to dangle me in the air as Gruff did to TS, I will be hitting his top/front wheels with my weapon, which will cause significant damage (and prevented Gruff from achieving a full suplex). I'm also going to up the aggressiveness and get whatever corner that I can grab and start damaging that plow.

Only act in a defensive manner if I end up over by the low walls. Do my best to back off his lifter/avoid being clamped and get back over to at least the middle of the arena while getting the weapon back up to speed (I can change direction with my weapon to help get out of a clamp/lift, as well). Also, don't fall for him baiting me to get near the low walls-just wait him out in that case!

With that, GL, HFL!