ARC Rumble RP thread

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

ARC Rumble RP thread

Post by Tcrrr » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Right so this gonna be good
To RP, make a list of who you're gonna attack (if you will attack anyone), and then you say what else you're gonna do, like staying aggressive, or being passive, ETC
https://skfb.ly/6MOWJ
Here's the arena.
Who's taking which spot? I'll say
Red Square for Floppy Teeth
Blue Square for wedge me once shame on me, wedge me twice
Orange Square for Boi Flaily
Pink Square for Bass Drop
Yellow Square for Flaily Boi
Purple Square for Blizzard
Light Gray Square for Box
Dark Gray Square for Ahre
Black Square for Xtreme Pneumatix
Teal Square for Taskmaster
White Square for R/NotTheOnion
Baby Blue Square for X Factor
Where do the other 2 people go?
In between the orange and yellow Squares for Charybdis
In between the Purple and Pink Squares for Pizza
(Also here's a diagram if you didn't get what I meant)
Snapchat-1140770913~2.jpg
Snapchat-1140770913~2.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 4051 times
RPs are Due on Saturday Night, 11:59 PM.
Good luck everyone, and may the best bot win!

CodeSilver23

Re: ARC Rumble RP thread

Post by CodeSilver23 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:11 pm

Well, this is gonna be fun!! Here goes nothing.
First, I'm gonna go after Box, and not because he is gonna be an easy target, but because I can use him as a shield. Once I've gotten to Box, I’m gonna use my rear wedges to push him into either Pizza or Charybdis to slow down their weapons. Then I go in for the kill. After that, I’ll try to back either Flaily Boi or Boi Flaily (What's the difference?) into a corner and rip them apart. Then, for the rest of the match, just do a bunch of hit and runs.
GL to everybody!
Last edited by CodeSilver23 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:46 am

This is should be a lot of fun, much of the battle i want to avoid getting quite damaged early on so I'll need be passive from the start. Obviously get away from Ahre due to his powerful weapon as i exit my start square. I want to let the others with strong weapon power to try and wear each other down and possibly knock out their weapon, If a few robots start immobilising due to harsh impacts of thier weapons, then I'll start getting involved, I'll go after Charibydis, X-Factor and Floppy Teeth.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Post by Botomatic1000 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:08 pm

First things first I'm gonna just gonna get out of the gate right away and towards the centre because fuck Ahre lol. I'll have a go at X-Factor (it's slow as hell and the castors will lift it's drive wheels off the ground as soon as I get under it.) , Not Left (because it's a static wedge that is clearly an inch or so off the ground when correct and worse when flipped.) and Blizzard (flat sides lol), trying to flip them onto there side and against the wall to leave them stuck, immobile and vulnerable them, being conservative with my flips. After a few robots are eliminated (be it by my own eliminations or others.) I'll go for bots like Boy Flaily, Flaily Boy (legit, just get under them from the side and toss them over, they have NO shrimech whatsoever.) Box (let it weaken a few spinners but after a while, get behind it and flip it onto it's face, that spike isn't self-righting it in a million years), R/NotTheOnion, Taskmaster (These two are the same, go for them from the sides when they are focussed on attacking something else, flip them and leave them. Taskmaster is flatout not invertible with the height of it's wedge and R/NotTheOnion's skirts are useless when upside down thanks to there curvature.) and Floppy Teeth (Just go for it from behind when it's focussed on something else like the previously mentioned. Shock mounting has far less of an arc then a hinge and so it's main wedgelet is not invertible, rendering it rather useless when flipped.). Much later on I'll start going for the damaged and dying spinners that I might have a flung a few of the robots I attacked earlier on towards. Robots such as Pizza (Try and attack it from behind whilst it's distracted if I can, towards Charybdis, the Flails if they are still around or the wall. It's bottom bulkhead is paper thin), Charybdis (I don't wanna fuck with it too much but Melties are notoriously unreliable at a HW level so after a while it would have slowed right down, meaning I can toss it into other bots!). I'll try and leave Bass Drop be unless I can get it from the side when distracted and toss it onto spinners. Ahre I'll leave be but maybe toss something it's way.
Have fun all!

patrickrowberry

Post by patrickrowberry » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm

left will start on the left of the corner facing the drum

not left will face bass drop

left will get behind/ box rush the drum and push it in to bass drop letting not left reverse and get around that back and going for other robots

not left will keep under the drum of silver and keep pushing it into the axe damaging both bots or at least 1 bot

left will go head on any spinner and push them into other robots maybe another spinner

after left is done it will just be a pain in the neck getting under everyone and ramming them into scary weapons each other or the wall

repeat into i'm dead or everyone is dead

Hiicantpk

Post by Hiicantpk » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Start facing Pizza in my square. As the match starts, immediately rush and hammer the hell out of it. It doesn't really have the speed to get away so take it out early.

After that just try my best to charge down anyone near me and hammer em. I want to go full aggression so do so.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Hooray For Lexan

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:00 am

I’m starting between Boy Flaily and Flaily Boy apparently. This is actually great for me because Charybdis is only 5” tall and I’m pretty sure I can just low-profile their weapons, and those flails should serve as a shield against anybody trying to box rush for a second. Spin up (takes 2 seconds) clockwise and drift right to attack the blue one (i.e. the less-armored one) so the knockback sends me into the middle of the arena. Assuming he’s not an idiot and turns plow-first his plow’s steep enough that it shouldn’t pop me up into his flails.

After that, be an obnoxious spinning pinball and attack anyone unlucky enough to get near me. Strafe around to try to hit the corners of wedges / avoid the weapons of X-Factor and the hammers. If possible avoid attacking Ahre until late in the match because I’m hoping a couple of the bricks will get fed to it. Speaking of which, accept any offerings to the maelstrom of death.

GL HF

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:53 am

Ok so I'm gonna go the middle of the arena, spin up, then just rip shit apart.
I'll go for YS and pat, namely since neither have that good of armor. I'll stay away from the OOTA zones, and keep attacking at whatever has the weakest armor until I'm dead. If I've picked off a good amount of bots, I'll spin down and wait for more bots to go out, as I'll have 1 hit before I kill myself, and I'll make that hit count. If anyone tries to attack me, I'll try to evade their attempts if possible.

Good luck guys, may the best bot win

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 am

Step 1) start facing the hfl/v900/frog clusterfuck, and plow into then as they attempt to spin up, for my own amusement

Step 2) feed bots to ysmq

Step 3) feed ysmq to a spinner/a currently spinning spinner to him if he’s turtling

Step 4) continue ramming into things i can ram into, and avoiding situations I should avoid.

I know there was talk of ganging up on me, so keep an eye out. Also in general just dont be a dumb.

Wolf51-50

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Ok so I'm in between wedgeboi the gabe and weird googly eyed flipper thing stay AWAY from the flipper and if I have to, use spinners for cover, do so. Go RAMMING SPEED into the spinners and boop them on the snoot to make things hell. And since my pneumatic spike has 17 armor? Stick it into spinners and see what happens. Other than that just smash the fuck out of whatever is in my path (although wait for YSM's monstrosity to get yeeted before going towards it). Use my wedge to push them around and use them as meat shields because why not and idk. Just be BOX. you know the drill (or you should at least). BOX. SMASH PUNY SPINNERS.

And as for the flipper? Avoid, avoid, avoid. Use other bot bodies as cover unless he's the only one left, in which case try to be aggressive. Sure a spike isn't ideal for self righting but it's 10 inches long and I only need enough power to topple myself into my top to self right normally. Oh and yeah I'm probably gonna be a gigantic shield for some of these other bots. Just enjoy the ride while poking my spike at whatever is close.

Good luck bois!

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Post by attackfrog » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Point the wedgelets towards the nearest brick and the armor shield towards the nearest spinner. Prioritize shielding against damage from spinners over preventing being wedged by bricks, but prioritize preventing being wedged by something that can flip Boy Flaily over over shielding damage from spinners.

Spin up the flail housing to max and gradually let out the flails until they whack something, then retract and spin up again. Spin in the opposite direction from my evil twin so that our flails don't catch on each other.

Take at least one other person out before I die an inevitable, glorious death. I mean uhh... spin to win, baby!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm

Point the wedgelets towards the nearest brick and the armor shield towards the nearest spinner. Prioritize shielding against damage from spinners over preventing being wedged by bricks, but prioritize preventing being wedged by something that can flip Flaily Boy over over shielding damage from spinners.

Spin up the flail housing to max and gradually let out the flails until they whack something, then retract and spin up again. Spin in the opposite direction from my evil twin so that our flails don't catch on each other.

Take at least one other person out before I die an inevitable, glorious death. I mean uhh... spin to win, baby!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 pm

I can't be high-centered. I also have unbeatable torque, an unbeatable wedge, and Momma Bear levels of armour. Use them. At the start, plow headlong into the triple spinner clusterfuck between Gabe and I. If he sticks to the plan that we came up with on discord, he should be doing the same from the other side. After that, I want to try to take a relatively active role in the fight. I want to use my wedge and torque to bully other control bots and spinners alike.

In particular, I want to do the following:

1) Feed spinners into each other and feed bricks into spinners.
2) At least a couple of bots will probably try the 'attack while they're distracted' tactic. Play distracted near a couple of the more likely candidates by feinting going for a bot and seeing what they do. That way I'll have some idea of who the stinkers are.
3) In particular, watch out for YSM's thing and Ethan's flipper. Based on what they've said on discord, I feel like both may be gunning for me. In general, expect a bit of a target on my back because lolexploitbot.
4) If anyone with the weapon to do damage to it wants to have a go at YSM's thing, aid and abet them. It has one speed, so just avoid getting hit, but watch out for people trying to gank me into it.
5) Win.
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

hide
Team: Team C/D

Post by hide » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:32 pm

To start off, I'm gonna rush X-Factor. It has 3 speed, a under-powered drum, and can't really do anything to stop me. I'll feed it to either Bass Drop or Pizza that eats you, whichever one is closer. Either one should do the job: 13 power hammer + Tombclone = dead X-Factor. Even if they don't kill it, X-Factor has 3 speed, which means that I'm not afraid of any retaliation from it. If it gets to close for comfort, wedge it and send it back to the closest spinner/damaging weapon. Once that's done, I'll move onto the next part of my strategy: running away.

My bot is one of the fastest in the field; with 8 speed and 7 traction. The only other bot with 8 speed is one half of Wedge Me Once, and even then it has much less traction, meaning I can get it to overturn and throw him off with some quick turns. What this means is that I'll be able to run away from 99% of the competition, and nobody can really stop me. Obviously, avoid corners or areas that limit my range of movement and all that nasty stuff. At the same time, use the time I spend running away to plot my next move....

My next target will be Ethan's flipper bot. Obviously, I won't go for a head-on charge, but instead go for it's back. I won't aim for a straight-angle in, but instead wait for another bot to distract it for obvious reasons. If all goes well, feed it's wheels to the nearest spinner. If no such opportunity presents itself, keep playing the "Eruption Tactic" and keep on runnin'.

Eventually, I'll have to engage in the competition, although I plan on delaying it as long as possible. I hope to get engaged when there's a good mix of slower bricks (Floppy Teeth, etc) and spinners I can brick. At this point, aggression is the main priority. I have a 8 speed/7 traction stat spread, which is generally sufficient for angling in. I want to go for the bricks first, angling in and feeding their vulnerable bits to spinners. Once that's done with, go all out on the spinners. Pin them, rush them, brick them, whatever. Do whatever it takes to kill them, but do not be reckless. Don't be stupid, play it safe when necessary, and win, whatever it takes.

Exactly 400 words.
Spoiler
Taskmaster: Reckoning: Evolution (0-4)
Taskmaster V2: REDDIT 2 (3-3)
Taskmaster V3: Thunder Underground (3-1), ARC Rumble (lost)
Taskmaster V4/King Crimson: Not the Football League (1-0), CBC 4 (2-4)
taskMASTER: Pat’s Reddit Tournament (3-2)
Spoiler
SPINNERFOOD: Thunder Underground (1-2), CBC 4 (4-4), CBC4 Rumble (lost)
Spoiler
D O N O T C R O S S: Thunder Underground (2-0)
Killer Queen: CBC 4 (2-4)
SPECTRALS: ROBOT4 (0-1)
CRAZY DIAMOND: ROBOT4 (2-1)
Ki: PAT'S TOURNAMENT (5-0) CHAMPION
DEAD BABY CANNON: RUMBLE IN DA JUNGLE (4-2)
MADE IN HEAVEN: ROBOT4 (1-1)
Record: 33-29
Notable Achievements:
  • Champion (Kira), Pat’s Antweight Tourney

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

Spinners are bad for me, stay away from those as much as possible.
note, hammer counts as spinner
Wedges are bad for spinners, thus they are good for me if we can cooperate.
r/NotTheOnion is the ultimate danger to wedges, if i want the other wedges to protect me from the spinny things i need to help them against r/NotTheOnion.
Thankfully i do kill the thing in 1(one) hit, so try to get some teamwork and communication going to make that hit happen. People talked on the discord on agreeing to do this.
Then the alliance with the wedges shall stay in place until ALL the spinners are out. If any of them get fed to me fire is i can do it without getting hit by their weapons. note, hammer may not count here.
Once all spinners are dead i will begin to attack wedges. Faster wedges are priority targets over the slower brickier ones. The wedges that helped me the most shall still be friends.
I don't like Floppy Teeth, if hit one of its wheels the thing is dead, if i get an opportunity to land a direct hit there do it no matter what, that might not happen again.

Overall just play as a team or something like that.
Also survive, starting in a corner not next to the dangerous stuff helps a lot.
GL HF

Also win.
ahre
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53