Di-trouble Gen II vs Visual Assault

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Di-Trouble Gen II vs Visual Assault

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:02 pm

Di trouble: 5/3/1/14/7

visual assault: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 front) - ABR

in theory this is as annoying as the Epicer Waluigi match, but the good news for me is that he has those really long forks up in the front of his robot, so his weapon can't actually hit me. instead, those forks will just mash up against the ABR, and then I can just shove him around as I want to. I can also angle in and push him from the side, where his weapon will again struggle to deal with me.

and uh yeah that's like, the whole thing. I have 13 frontal armor, quintuple his torque, and he has no way to effectively get around or over my wedge to deal damage to anything important. shove him about, pin him places, and have a good time of it.

if it turns out he can hit me, then it turns out I can smother him, so do so and pin him into walls. maybe see if I can get him to self-OOTA

GL

Billy5545

Di-trouble Gen II vs Visual Assault

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 pm

Di-trouble Gen II: 5/3/1/14/7
Visual Assault: 6/5/5/5/9 (+2 front) (ABR config)

We are facing lifter now. While we can see the reason they are going for ABR, to protect their vulnerable 7 armor chassis as much as possible if we attack in the front, we can still ride over them. It will be helped if they try to quickly rush us with their speed and torque. Also, while their lifter is very quick, we can potentially use it against them, which we'll discuss later. Their lifter will also take some damage too, and the shape means if they somehow get inverted, the whole bot will be less effective. Their wheels are also regular and exposed in the top

We will go head on to attack them, in an attempt to hopefully ride over them. Their speed can prove to be their downfall, as the force of their drive will help us ride over them. If we get deflected however, we will try to stay on it instead so if they lift, we will move and fall over their top, riding off while trying to damage the wheels. If they don't fall for this, however, we will instead just try to aggressively strike the lifter repeatedly, going both straight and angled. We will also attack the side if we have an opening.

However, watch out for any opponent attempt to tip us over our flat wheels and left us immobile, or to OOTA or strand us. For the former, we will always face their lifter, so they won't get good purchase on one of our wheels. For the latter, we will move and position in a way that the lifter won't be able to lift us effectively. Drive well, and watch out for any tricks.

Good luck Gabe