ROBOTS 3 HW: Doomerang vs Blue Zenith

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 HW: Doomerang vs Blue Zenith

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:23 pm

DoomerangBlue Zenith
Speed: 13Speed: 4
Traction: 3 (+5 melty spinup)Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 3Weapon: 16
Armour: 10 (+1 Teeth)Armour: 7
Config: StandardConfig:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So they have 10 armour (I think, I don't know if an armour bonus to the teeth reduces main body armour), with 11 armour teeth, that still won't stand up to my 16 weapon blade. They're also a point slower than me so there shouldn't be any getting-to-the-sides shenanigans from them.

Spin up as I'm headed out. I cant really box rush with only 4 speed, but the sooner I can get to them the better. I want the impact between both bots to throw them into the wall, potentially slowing them down. Aggressively pursue them after each big hit, especially if they seem off balance. If I can take a tooth off it'll severely hinder them from being able to spin at full speed, which will allow me to get easier hits and do more damage.

Try to snowball off the first big hit or two and take em down.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Badnik96

Re: ROBOTS 3 HW: Doomerang vs Blue Zenith

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:32 pm

I'm only one speed slower, which means if i play my cards right I should be able to evade for long enough to get that one chassis hit I need. Get spun up and watch what way he decides to spin at the start. Whichever way he spins, I want to keep strafing in a way that makes sure he has to fight the spin of his blade to face me. Always be tricky and make sure he's never facing me directly. Keep my distance and wait for him to make a mistake. 2 traction ensures it'll happen eventually, I just need to be patient. Whoever gets the first hit wins and I need to ensure that it's me.

Try to keep away from the walls if at all possible, and don't accidentally skid into them while strafing. Don't let him fake you out with weird turning jukes, just keep circle strafing.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ