ROBOT3 HW Week 7: Hellhound vs Omnicrap

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

ROBOT3 HW Week 7: Hellhound vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:07 pm

HellhoundOmnicrap 2.0
ImageImage
Speed: 8Speed: 8
Traction: 7Traction: 7
Torque: 4Torque: 3
Weapon: 1Weapon: 5 (3 bottom lifter / 3 top lifter / 3 flamethrower)
Armour: 10 (+1 plow)Armour: 7
2 1 point lifter configMain config
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 7: Hellhound vs Omnicrap

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 pm

After getting beaten by several deathspinners, Omnicrap's group stage journey ends with a wedge fight, not sure if climatic or not.

Armor obviously doesn't matter in this fight as we both have enough.
We both have 8 speed and 7 traction, he has one more torque while i can strafe.
His lifter is very slow, it's basically only there so his wedge can press. My lifters are faster and i also have a flamethrower that i plan to use for the entire fight so maybe i get the damage point.

We both have pressing wedges, so i want to press mine right before impact when i am charging at Hellhound unless maybe if i notice Laz NOT pressing his for some reason.
When heading straight on try to adjust by strafing so our forks don't actually touch and see if that helps me, If we get wedgelocked i can lift up and get his front wheels off the floor for a while, reducing his torque to 2, letting me outpush him. If that plan backfires maybe try making it so our forks do collide.
If he tries to angle in use my strafing abilities to out angle-in him. Charging at him while turned 20ish degrees could confuse his attempt at angling.

If i get wedged i can back off, but also if you look at his wedge you may see that it's short and tall and there is a farther distance from the tip of my lifter and anything fixed to the chasis of my bot. What i am saying is that if i get wedged and i lift up my weapon all my wheels go back to the floor and i can escape.

Once i get under i want to wiggle my weapons to get further under him and once i am deep under i will try my hardest to flip Hellhound as it takes a while for it to selfright, then i will use my lifters as a clamp as they beat his so he wont be able to selfright and my wedgelets can get a pair of wheels off the ground, letting me outpush it. Once i have this going i want to push him for as long as i can to get more points, meaning that i want a moving pin.
If i can't flip it, it will end on top of me, my top has catches to stop bots from falling out there, basically i also get control over it.

Good dammit word cap. GL HF
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: ROBOT3 HW Week 7: Hellhound vs Omnicrap

Post by Madman » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:49 pm

Hellhound: 8/7/4/1/10 (+1 wedge)

Omnicrap: 8/7/3/5/7 – ‘main config’, which is the two-pronged lifter according to his signup post.

Ya, he can strafe. We all know that’s going to be one of the big ‘advantages’ he’ll count on. Setting aside the fact that his reaction times will have to be ninjalike with two 8 speed bots maneuvering and that his ability to remain under control strafing at that kind of speed will be dubious, he has another problem: I win in basically every other category.

1) Hellhound is properly invertible and can rotate its plow around while driving. Meanwhile he has to two-stage self-right (unconvincingly) whenever he’s flipped.

2) I accelerate faster and have more pushing power, which is crucial in a control fight like this.

3) Hellhound has shorter forks that are a lot less vulnerable to angling in on than his long ones.

4) I have tons of ground clearance and retain full maneuverability if he lifts me. I can quickly and easily escape, while his hexagonal omniwheel setup will be extremely limited in terms of movement once it’s lifted from any direction, making escape from my wedge difficult for him.

5) Further to that, he won’t actually be able to press his wedge without gimping his movement severely, while I’ll be able to press and move like any other lifter. This effectively gives me the better wedge for much of the fight.

6) I use my weapon points a good deal better. He wastes five on dubiously effective secondary weapons, leaving him with a lifter that’s not a ton faster than mine. His flamethrower won't do jack against my plow.

The key to my plan is variation. He’ll probably side strafe or circle strafe whenever he can. Cool. Rush him to within imminent collision to bait him into strafing just before we hit, but punch it into reverse at the last second instead, so he’ll expose a corner if he circle strafes. Then punch it forward (possibly turning a few degrees if he side strafes instead) into that corner for great profit. Another approach is to honestly just wedge-lock him. Let him angle in on me and, since I can’t be high-ended, turn as he starts lifting my plow and slip a tooth or two under one of his really long vulnerable teeth and lift immediately. Get my front wheels back on the ground and out-torque him. In general, bait pre-emptive lifts and keep doing it here and there if it’s working. If he gets under me and isn’t lifting, my wedge will slide up and stop against those upper wedge teeth he has. Then I just out-torque him. Finally, don’t counter his strafing by turning on the spot. That loses aggression and control points. Reverse-j-hook in the opposite direction (before we meet and also if he wedges me) to immediately threaten his sides. Take the shot if it’s there. When I wedge him, s-turn with him to keep him wedged and slam him. Then overturn him. If I get flipped, rotate my wedge around while continuing to smack into him in hit-and-runs.

GLHF
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49