Death Metal vs Sideswipe

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Death Metal vs Sideswipe

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Death Metal: https://www.advancedrobotcombat.com/vie ... 985#p71345
Sideswipe: https://www.advancedrobotcombat.com/vie ... 985#p71352

No spikes as they're unnecessary here.

I'll tank that big ol' blade in the middle of my plow like a good brick should, chase after it as it bounces off, taking hit after hit with my ridiculously well-armored plow, getting in there as fast as I can so it can't spin up very much, until Death Metal gets cornered and I can smother it against the wall.

That's where I bring in the lifter, which up to this point has been safely out of reach of the blade. I'll wedge it under Death Metal's chassis and do some light lifting, just to show that I can. I guess. Once the pin timer is up, I'll try to use the lifter to jam Death Metal's blade and keep it from spinning. It should eventually escape from this, but it won't be able to spin up all the way before I'm back on top of it again, smothering it against the wall.

"Rinse and repeat." If it were a thing in ARC I'd say "break Death Metal's fist with my face" but instead we can maybe pretend it's like Batman ineffectually punching Superman in the face until he gets tired. Or something.

GL Shaba!

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Re: Death Metal vs Sideswipe

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:44 pm

Death MetalSideswipe
ImageImage
Speed: 4 Speed: 5
Traction: 2 Traction: 4
Torque: 1 Torque: 3
Weapon: 16 Weapon: 5 (3 turret, 3 lifter)
Armour: 7 Armour: 13 Armor (+1 plow/forks)
Config: N/A Config: plow
Starting in red square

Spin up and let the gyro of my weapon turn me parallel to the wall while waiting to see what Sideswipe does. He only has a point of speed over me, so he's not going to be madly box-rushing across. Once he comes within a few feet, swing back the other direction and draw Sideswipe to adjust his course. Assuming that he's keeping his highly armored plow on me and keeping his lifter out of play (as his strat against Blue Zenith...which BZ won). I know I have no chance against that plow, my hope is catching and plucking off his wheels and damaging his chassis/lifter.

I draw Sideswipe in with my side facing him, then turn with the gyro into his side. Keep repeating. Chances are that he won't always be able to turn in time to catch me with his plow without a distinct speed advantage. Also, throw him off by turning against the gyro and even turning and showing my back towards him and swing back around once he lines up to shove me into the wall.

Also, the plow, it's more vertical than sloped, which should cause me to not be deflected upwards as much as a shallower plow can, such as Hellhound's. While I can't cut into 14 armor, the deflection from that should 'deaden' the impact more than throw me away. There will still be separation, but I won't suffer as much gyroing. Just turn away and get spun up again and draw Sideswipe back in.

Last, avoid getting pinned against walls and in corners. Watch the lifter and stay away from the low walls to avoid a possible OOTA attempt.

GL, Frog!