Pressure Flop vs Whirlpool

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Pressure Flop vs Whirlpool

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Pressure FlopWhirlpool
ImageImage
Speed: 1Speed: 4
Traction: 1Traction: 3
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 19 (15 Hammer / 4 Turret)Weapon: 15
Armour: 10Armour: 7
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Pressure Flop vs Whirlpool

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:18 pm

If i get hit on the chasis i survive at least a few hits, a good hit on my hammer might tear the entire thing off.
If i hit him on the weapon i deal 4 corner damage which is actually not bad at all, hitting his chasis is instawin.
I have the reach advantage.
He can start inverted to cover more of the chasis with the weapon but that is only defensive as the new area from being inverted can't actually hit me, so hitting around the center of the spinner is good for me. Also the gyro from being angle will make it more difficult any attack that isn't straight in.

So the plan is to just aim my turret at Whirlpool and fire once i have clear shot at the chasis or really anything that isn't the edges of the spinner. He can come from his side to deny me attacking the chasis but then he can't, you know, move at me, which makes easier for me to just hit the weapon mount area.
If he does start inverted just don't bother with the chasis and attack straight at the center of the weapon, even if i hit the 11 armored ring of the spinner i am still dealing good damage while taking little to no myself. He might then reach my chasis and potentially even get corner damage but i should survive enough hits to break his weapon first.
Also aiming right in the middle of the weapon gives me a very good chance of hitting that middle wheel, if that happens he wont be able to drive much if at all.

He isn't fast enough to pull of some bait that doesn't include him getting where i can just hit him where i want before he can get away so yeah.
Don't mistake, GL HF froggy boye
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Pressure Flop vs Whirlpool

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:45 pm

Uhhhhh... hm. That is a big ass hammer.

As a result, because for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, it's going to be unstable as fucc and Chomp out on every hit, or I'm a monkey's uncle.

Of course, I've got a big scary weapon too, and my robot is actually mobile. I'll start upside down so Pressure Flop maybe hits my weapon when it attacks, spin up, and then flank the bastard. It'll follow me with the turret, but it'll be even more unstable when striking in that direction (since it's narrower side to side than front to back) and probably won't be able to hit at full power as a result. I'll try to bait out a hammer strike by coming just into its range and reversing out again. If that works, I'll head in for an attack when it's flopping around. If not, I'll have to head in for an attack anyway, but I'll try to do so at top speed, aiming for its side.

Whirlpool's wedgelets should get under its side skirts, lifting them up and into my spinner, which should mangle them badly. This may also or alternatively get me past the skirt to its fragile walker system, which should be taken out by one hit. It then won't be capable of translative movement and I can back off until it's counted out.

If that doesn't happen it's because I got OHKOed by a hammer on the way in, in which case, RIP Whirlpool.

GL Maxi!