ROBOT3 LW Week 7: Storm Worm vs Dubior Jr

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 LW Week 7: Storm Worm vs Dubior Jr

Post by Trihunter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Storm WormDubior Jr
ImageImage
Speed: 7Speed: 8
Traction: 5Traction: 7
Torque: 3Torque: 2
Weapon: 5 (3/3/3)Weapon: 9
Armour: 10 (+1 front)Armour: 4
Config: ForksConfig: Wedgelets
Keeping it simple coz tired from work. Play super aggressively to get a ring-out over any wall, angling in to get under and throw them out quick. Try to keep the match quick, get under SW and throw it clean out. If they outwedge us, try to J-hook away.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

Wolf51-50

Re: ROBOT3 LW Week 7: Storm Worm vs Dubior Jr

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Using forks. Remove decorative rings on flipper for extra invertiblility

So that flipper is an ow....

Stay away from the short wall for the entire match. He's a flipper with some big pneumatics going into the weapon right? What have we learned about pretty much any full pressure flipper during long fights? They can run out of gas.
Keep him in front of me and see if I can use my thinner forks to get under the many gaps in his wedge. If not, press slightly before contact. While best a bit faster, it's not enough to make a difference. Every time I'm under him, lift him up with my forks, use my body lifting forks, and maybe throw in a few flips in there. Anything really that will make him either misfire, or use the flipper to get away. Try to put him in awkward positions that he can't really drive away from. Stay away from the walls for as long as possible to avoid an early exit. Use my weaker yet more versatile weapons to wear his big powerful weapon down to nothing while cheating death lol. Self right if flipped

Good luck