ROBOT3 FW Week 7: Mekabu vs Terrible Toad Twins

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

ROBOT3 FW Week 7: Mekabu vs Terrible Toad Twins

Post by Trihunter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:04 pm

MekabuBot 2
ImageImage
Speed: 5Speed: 5
Traction: 4Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 13Weapon: 7
Armour: 7Armour: 9
Config: All wedgelets on, wheels on, 13/7 statsConfig: N/A
Keeping it simple coz it's getting late. Focus down one of the twins first, aim to get a solid enough strike on it to throw it belly up then slice into a wheel. If we can incapacitate one, taking out the other becomes infinitely easier. Just keep playing aggressive, aiming to snag one on our wedgelets and toss them intp the air with a strong hit. The toads are going to struggle to inflict damage to Mekabu, so I imagine they'll focus on flips too. We can roll inverted, so keep going for hits if we're thrown over. Aim to get at least one half of the twins incapacitated before the match finishes, though getting both killed won't be much more of a stretch.
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOT3 FW Week 7: Mekabu vs Terrible Toad Twins

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 pm

It's forks vs. forks. I've got the weight of the Toads pressing on the front prongs next to their drums and Tri has Mekabu's weight spread across its four forks. What this means is we're both all but guaranteed to slip our forks under each other on contact, likely at the same time. Neither of us is going to "win the wedge war" here. Instead, we'll either go drum-to-drum and get knocked away from each other, or one of us will contact the other's chassis somehow and send that robot flying. This will depend solely on the angles of impact.

That's where I have my advantage: though we both have the same speed and control, I have two robots to Tri's one. Mekabu's also going to have to deal with gyro forces lifting it up as it turns, whereas the Toads' lower weapon power won't produce the same effect. I'll flank it, hit the sides, hit the back, flip it over, take chunks out of its tires, and keep it on the defense. For my own defense, I'll have the Toad that Mekabu is going after be very careful not to get hit except on its drum. If it has to retreat, I'll have it do so backwards. Meanwhile, the other will follow behind Mekabu at top speed to attack it as soon as it can ram its drum into Mekabu.

If a Toad gets flipped over, I'll have it self right by hitting a wall with its spinner or hitting Mekabu, whichever is more convenient.

GL Tri!