Circuitz vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Circuitz vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Circuitz: 10 speed / 8 traction / 5 torque / 4 weapon / 3 armour - full front flipper with the wedge teeth on. I *think* this is the first image and sketchfab render.

Venice Queen: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front) - Forks -

the entire point of a torque advantage is so that you can successfully push your opponent when you ride up their wedge. she'll get beached when she rides up mine. strafing is really of marginal use with this much speed: it's hard enough to be in control with normal wheels. you really gonna tell me you can think fast enough to get in marginal advantages with side strafing when you're both going at full eurobeat speeds? also she kills herself with 7.5 ramming damage + my 6.5 ramming damage, much like dubior did. her wedge forks are tiny, and she has 3 armor. they will bend. my forks are thicc and have more mass and reach: they should win the head-to-head most of the time.

this is one of those matches where I eventually win if she doesn't do anything fancy early on, so be aggressive as hell from the get go. I want those big aggressive cross-arena slams to happen as much as possible: it negates her torque advantage, means I probably just fly over her top if I don't get under, and deals extremely significant damage to her entire frame with every hit. not attempting to play really hard at the wedge war also removes from her the main advantage of her mecanums, instead highlighting the fact that they're weaker wheels, and that they offer worse knockback resistence and poorer pushing power and traction than other bots of the same stats.

if I get under, flip as soon as I'm sure I'm under. see if I can press the advantage, get to her side, and get in a few more flips or something - but once she gets away, let her reset, and just set up for the best big cross-arena slam I can get: I'd just as soon poke at her in the neutral until something breaks. I can start pushing my advantage states harder when she starts taking damage and I can guarantee safer pushes.

if she gets under me, she's long, flat, and we're both moving at 10 speed. just keep going, she'll need godlike reflexes to get a decent flip on me - and if I'm behind her/to the side/not directly to her front, I should be able to self-right quickly before she's able to react and snowball it.

her ability to OOTA is suspect at best, but avoid any obvious setups at the short wall to be safe.

GL

Killjoy

Re: Circuitz vs Venice Queen

Post by Killjoy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 pm

We're even in speed, but I can strafe and my weapon can toss him a lot more impressively than he can just lift me. I can easily j-hook away if he does that anyways, since my wheels stick out past my body under those skirts. His lifter has one speed too.

I mostly want to strafe and circle strafe at the final moment before we meet to angle in on his forks and flip him. Vary my speed: sometimes come right at him and sometimes reverse just before we meet to throw off his timing or sneaky maneuvers. Especially do that if he monstertrucks me a bunch. When I get under him, flip early and often. Don't make OOTA attempts super obvious since he's too smart to fall for that, but I can chain him pretty easily, so do it!

Since he's a lifter, armour doesn't matter much in this fight. I ram for 7 damage and have 3 armour, which is under the self-damage threshold (I couldn't find anything for ramming self-damage, but I assume it's the same as it is for spinners), and he does 6, which hurts a bit, but he doesn't have spikes for breakthrough. If I find it's banging me up a bit, avoid head on full speed collisions and strafe or reverse a bit before we meet. The most important things in this fight are drivetrain and weapon. I top him in both.

Good luck!