Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Blackburn Kangaroo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Wolf51-50

Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Plow config with no clamp

Burgerlackburn Kingangeroo - 4/2/1/16/7

Apocalyptic Peacekeeper - 7/6/2/5/9(+2 plow)

He's probably gonna go undercutter unless he's high or something so let's expect that.

Ofc he's probably gonna go for the gaps in my plow, so turn into the direction of his spin so it kinda skips along the plow instead of biting it. He doesn't have enough speed to really put me where he wants him. Don't be shy; rush right in on that side of the disc. If possible, see if I can position him so he'll Neon his way out (send himself OOTA with his own sheer KE) keep bashing it into the wall until his weapon is slowed or stopped. Only then should the 4 bar be used to lift him. See if I can pin him against the wall and either upend him or at least flip him as an overcutter. As long as he's an overcutter, I don't have to worry about him attempting to get corner damage and can bash as I please. He can make the claim that he can turn in place, but that also makes him subject to gyroing and spinning out of control. Once he's flipped, try to prevent him from flipping back into the undercutter position. If he does just use the same tactic as last time. If he does damage my forks, just do whatever it takes to make sure that I gain the aggression points by bullying him across the box. Each time I'm sent away, recover immediately.

Good luck Gabe

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Apocalyptic Peacekeeper vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:20 pm

AP: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 2 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 plow) - Plow config with no clamp (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Pthing.PNG)

BK: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 7

13 armor to my 16 weapon, but his body's only at 7 so I'm gonna be dealing 4.5 shock damage every hit, which is... not a place he wants to be in with only 7 speed: he's going to struggle to keep me subdued, especially since I can probably spin up even when pinned thanks to the disc. I do have a bit of a control deficit here, but the good news is I've a massive undercutter so my disc will hit him no matter how he gets under - but really I've already won if he's sacrificing his ability to OOTA to try and manage me. also, uh.... those forks on his plow aren't removable.

well that makes things easier.

3 corner damage still isn't the best but now I'm dealing more than 4 shock damage and knocking him away every hit. get out of my corner while spinning up, and get to smacking. I don't need to do anything fancy with the engagement - I'd actually prefer we hit head-on. If he's trying to do anything involving flanking against the rotation of my weapon, do the old tombstone trick where I expose my ass and pretend like I can't keep up with his circling, and then swing around with the rotation of my weapon. alternatively just fucking dart as him as he tries to drive all the way around my robot's effective disc range and catch him in the side.

the reason I don't want to get fancy with the engagement (if possible), is because I want to make sure that the impacts are sending him into walls and corners, and myself to the center of the arena (if it turns out he can remove the forks despite it never being mentioned in his signups, I'll still want to do this, he just won't get launched as far and I'll get shoved around a bunch before the shock damage adds up). absolute first priority is ensuring the first hit goes well for me, because he basically has to smother me there to avoid taking damage that starts limiting his ability to work, so make sure I don't end up in a corner.

if he gets into the advantage state, he can't OOTA me, so just wait it out, do my best to escape and stay spun up and threatening if pinned (turn off the weapon when he's ramming me around to minimize self-damage): when I'm not fully spun up, my only real goal with our impacts is advantageous rebounds: work the engagements such that I get knocked towards open space whenever possible, and try to re-establish myself in the center of the arena.

GL