Found God in a Tomato vs Mudcrab

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Found God in a Tomato vs Mudcrab

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Found God in a Tomato:
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 6 (+2 top)

Mudcrab:
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8
no facemask

Weapon-to-weapon, we don't hurt each other, but I can launch him. If I somehow manage to clip a wheel, I do 5 damage to it, which is more than enough to break it or rip it off. His speed combined with strafing could become an issue, but he isn't any faster than me and I think I can use my better traction (and control) to my advantage.

Start claws backward (I really need to make them removable lol). Spin up and charge at him. He's the same all around so no need for fancy flanking tactics or too much defensive thinking. Just go in and don't give him time to line up the wedgelet shot he probably wants. For safety, go in slightly off-center and angle toward him as I'm maybe a foot away. If he's going for wedgelet hits, this should give him what looks like an easy shot, then I turn and he eats drum. Flip him over a lot and slow his weapon down to make subsequent hits safer. Maybe OOTA? He could also get stranded sideways against a wall.

He might decide to go after my sides if I use the above approach strategy. The first time, he'll hit one of my claws instead of a wheel or something that matters. Following that, ditch the off-center approach and just go in on him. With his control and me constantly going at him from different angles, good luck trying to get any sort of precision hit. If an approach looks really bad for whatever reason, turn away and drive past if possible. He might chase me, but he won't catch me and he'll probably make a driving error before I do, which will give me time to turn around and try again.

Don't drive into walls or otherwise drive like a dumbass.

glhf

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Found God in a Tomato vs Mudcrab

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:07 pm

Found God in a Tomato:
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 13
Armor: 6 (+2 top)

Mudcrab:
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8

start upside-down.

my weapon/weparm/armor(without bonus): 13/8/8(4)
his: 9/12/8

we both deal 1 damage to each other, unless I hit his chassis, in which case I can probably win from there. even speed, he has slight other advantages, but way worse weapon, plus his weapon shape and size makes him unlikely to get big flippy hits in.

what is he likely to do?

claws forwards: when we first engage, rush him and miss on purpose, going wide on the claw side: if I get to his side, he can't turn into me without slamming either his ass or a claw into my weapon - and if he runs, we have equal speed, so I can just corner him. after that, it's clear that he wants to slide them under to disrupt my omnis. realistically, this requires incredibly coordinated driving. our speed is equal and I can strafe, so I can instead bait him into trying, then suddenly jet either to the side or backwards, trying to get into a position where I'm at the outside of his bot as he tries to angle in, where I can get free hits on the claws. alternatively just drive right at him and try and hit a weapon support corner while he's trying to finagle a perfect angle with a thin claw.

claws back: to start, rush him, missing far to one side, immediately trying to smack off a claw. from there going weapon to weapon is honestly the smartest thing for him to do. my best counter to this is to make sure I'm always at full speed and we never impact head-on. try to be driving sideways one way or the other as we collide. worst case, I'm at least knocked away not directly in front of him so chaining hits is harder for him. best case, I catch a corner.

claws half and half: initialize same as claws forwards. from there, just keep to whatever side doesn't have a claw for the most part, and then after I've established a pattern start trying to get to the side of his drum that I haven't been going after.

mask: he's giving me more not-drum related surfaces to hit, so hit them with unpredictable strafing and shit. really the same as above tho.

he can't really OOTA me unless he gets lucky, so don't be afraid of the short wall unless we're REAL close. in general, look to ricochet such that he can't set up hit chains. secondary objective is stay towards the middle.

GL