Defenestrator vs. Saturnian Wristwatch (ROBOT3 HW Week 7)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Defenestrator vs. Saturnian Wristwatch (ROBOT3 HW Week 7)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 pm

STATS:

Defenestrator:
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 4
Armor: 11 (+1 front wedge and lifting forks)

Saturnian Wristwatch:
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 15
Armor: 7

CONFIGS: Anti-HS config. SW doesn't have any I don't think.

Keep the arm back behind me or about vertical, and aggressively ram into him with my plow. Assuming he’s starting inverted. If BK wasn’t high enough to clear my plow there’s no way he is. Try to angle my attacks so his bar hits the front faces of the ears, or if that fails the outer faces. Watch out for last-second strafing moves, and don’t fall for any attempts to use the wheels as bait: he can pivot to hit with the blade REALLY easily. He also doesn’t have the raw power of BK, so I’m not too worried about him just taking the top of the plow, and even if he does, another thing he doesn’t have is BK’s REACH. There is no way he’s sniping my arm.

Knock him into the walls and try to stop the blade, rush in, and pin him against the wall. His bar extends past the sides of the “triangle” of wheels, so with the wheels against the wall he can’t spin freely. Lower the arm down on top of him, then rapidly back up as I lower the arm all the way and rush back in to intercept him before he can spin back up. Get a grip on anything I can, and either suplex him over my head to get him upright again, or if his weight’s too far forward then push him into the corner and adjust my grip to try to grab his central hub – this should let me pull off the suplex.

Once he’s upright, my plow’s pretty much pure NOPE for low-mounted horizontals: all deflecting surfaces. Again stay aggressive and keep the arm raised until I can get the pin, with the difference being that now if I grab him I want to go for the OOTA every single time. If I have the leverage for a full suplex do that, otherwise get him in a low wall corner and try to just tip his large chassis over the edge. If this fails, then keep on trying while smothering him, and if he gets back up to dangerous speed back off and raise the arm to keep it safe, charge in, rinse, and repeat.

Cha0sFerret

Re: Defenestrator vs. Saturnian Wristwatch (ROBOT3 HW Week 7)

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Spin up and keep a gap between my wheels pointed at him. It's been established already that my weapon is too high to hit forks on the ground, but all that means for me here is that I can try to get up close to his wedge and hit the forks about halfway up. Repeated hits will warp or break them eventually, and then he's left without a weapon and I get some damage points to take home with me. I even do damage to the armored plow, although I think my bite against that will be worse so definitely aim for parts of the weapon.

Chase him down if I need to. I don't think I will need to, knowing what I know that HFL knows about fighting spinners, but just in case he decides to camp for some reason, I just want to be clear that I ain't playing that game.

Avoid the low wall and actually just avoid walls in general.

glhf