Hallucinogen vs. Y.V. (ROBOT3 Week 7 LW)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hallucinogen vs. Y.V. (ROBOT3 Week 7 LW)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:42 pm

STATS:

Hallucinogen:
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 wedge)

Y.V.
Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Traction: 7
Armor: 10 (+3 plow)
Weapon: 2

CONFIGS: Drum Config please. Noah said he’s using the anti-spinner config.

STRATEGY:

Spin up, book it out of my square and off to the side a bit while I spin up, then be as aggressive as I can while avoiding getting circle-strafed or shit like that. Keep the drum at full power unless I’m having major gyro issues: if so throttle down just a tiny bit.

He’s got a big plow, but it’s flat and if he presses it he’ll only be on 2/6 omni wheels so good luck pulling strafing BS. The narrow fronts of my wedgelets can easily get under him head-on. He can get under me at an angle, but a sideways tilt won’t high-center me and he can’t push that far under with that steep wedge. Back off randomly either towards or away from the side he’s pushing from and dart in again as he tries to follow. If I’m inverted, gyro-self-right if he’s not in my face, ram into him and hope my drum skips up his plow and catches the top edge to throw me over if he is.

If I get a hit I could flip him, which leaves his inner wheels in the air due to his dumb canting, or just knock his plow up over his head. Either way he’s got to move that 2-power lifter 180 degrees, and will be vulnerable. Be very aggressive in going for followups: a chassis hit at full-power can KO, I can tear wheels off (any missing pair = goodbye full strafing control, either of the back pairs = his wedge will sit on the ground lopsided), and a hit on the support arms to his plow could tear one loose or warp them, again leaving the plow crooked and making him much easier to outwedge even if I can’t damage the actual plow. Note: the plow by itself’s already questionable on being <1/3 area, there’s no way in hell those arms are covered.

He basically has to avoid letting me get a good hit on his wheels, arms, or chassis ONCE against a bot with a decent drivetrain and better wedge, because I can do enough damage to make the fight spiral out of control for him pretty quickly.

GL HF.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Hallucinogen vs. Y.V. (ROBOT3 Week 7 LW)

Post by V900 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 pm

This is literally the same bot as Nuclear Plague (which I won against), so I'm fairly confident the same strategy will work here.
V900 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:58 pm Nuclear Plague is one word off of this being a canon matchup.

Y.V. (anti-spinner plow)
Speed: 8
Torque: 3
Traction: 7
Armor: 10 (+3 plow)
Weapon: 2
Nuclear Plague
Speed: 5
Weapon: 12
Armor: 9 (+2 wedge)
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
* I have a significant speed advantage and an additional traction advantage. While this isn't something one typically states in a plow vs spinner match, NP's weapon requires it to wedge it's opponent before the drum can be brought into play.

* My plow takes no damage from NP's spinner. If NP wedges me and the bottom of my plow is hit, it will not take damage. There's a generous amount of room between my plow and the front wheel, meaning I will have ample time to react if such a thing happens.

Strategy:

* Aim to swerve around the wedgelets. Be as patient as I want. If he wants to spend half the match turning in place, that's his MO and I'll win the aggression + strategy JD. Wallslam if (read: when) I get under.
basically aim for these
* If he decides to suddenly go all full-aggression, pull back and search around for more openings to angle into those outermost front panels. His wedgelets are placed VERY narrowly together, and I have 175% his speed. This is more than doable.

* If he decides to pull back and play defensive, follow and continue drifting around 3-5 feet away from him. Again, 175% speed. Go fast and eat his ass.

* If he manages to get under me, pull the fuck outta there. If he obliterates my front wheel, pull back and use my rear 2 wheels to act as a standard 2WD wedge. Be more cautious toward getting outwedged. Losing my front wheel will not totally compromise my driving.

gl hf