Abyss vs Epicer Waluigi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Abyss vs Epicer Waluigi

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Abyss: 4/2/1/16/7 (middle fork off)

Epicer Waluigi: 4/1/1/16/8

EW's awesome against things that aren't other powerful spinners. I'll give him that. Weapon to weapon, he also marginally outdamages me, and we both do 4 shock damage. The key differences will be the following:

1) Looking at the respective diameters of our weapons while spinning, mine should hit his from below and throw him upwards, putting additional stress loads on the central shaft that holds the two halves of his bot together. Meanwhile, his will struggle to get much engagement, partially negating his slight weapon-to-weapon edge. Basically, him hitting my drum is bad for my drum. Me hitting his weapon is bad for the fundamental structural integrity of his bot.

2) I'm not a horizontal, but I am a very wide drum, and high enough that he's not realistically reaching over, even with the flails. I have the weapon coverage to always present my toughest armour and to constantly threaten his wheels. He has very little margin for error. They may be HDPE, but we've seen those ripped off fairly easily in battlebots by decently powerful spinners.

3) Topping things off is his -3 control ratio and wheel type that already struggles to consistently gain purchase on the arena floor. It won't take much for him to oversteer and expose one of those vulnerable wheels at an angle to me. Hitting at an angle will give me more bite than hitting one of them head-on.

The plan is to spin up immediately, move out of my square, and come at him slightly offset so that I'll engage with one of his wheels unless he pivots or s-turns. If I see him doing anything weird or that just screams 'gambit' at the start, hang back a bit and analyze it until I have some idea or wait it out if not. Otherwise, charge in at full speed and, if he's not steering to protect his wheel, turn a tiny bit at the last second so that I hit only his wheel and not weapon-to-weapon. If he rotates a bit to protect that wheel, oversteer is roughly a 50/50 proposition. If he pulls the maneuver off, stop just short of him, reverse at a bit of an angle and dart back in for the other wheel that'll be leading now. If he oversteers, however, come in and feast.

Use that tactic and variations of it with the same general goal: I want to drive within myself using mostly linear movements and small turns, using the threat of my huge strike zone to force him to turn to mount the offense he wants and especially to protect his wheels. Punish oversteer. Also watch for attempts to snipe my weapon belt, though that's dubious with his control. I don't want weapon-to-weapon hits, though I can probably survive a couple due to angle of engagement. After any hit, including those, he'll get launched, so follow up immediately and hit his wheels or spun-down weapon. If both of our weapons die, be the brick.

GL dude
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Abyss vs Epicer Waluigi

Post by V900 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Abyss's signup post does not include a static image of his robot, therefore all his matches are null and void. I win by default. ez money baybee swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag

Ok but for real I'm going with my solid disc setup.

I deal slightly more damage to his weapon than he does to mine, and his 1 (one) point in traction won't prove enough to do anything meaningful in terms of maneuvering around my weapon. He's still oversteering a good 10 degrees on every turn, which is much more severe to smaller bots like him.

Spin the weapon downward, drive into him and monstertruck to the top of his chassis.

gl hf