Madscience vs Admiral

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Madscience vs Admiral

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Madscience: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71344
Admiral: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352

Step 1: Yeet
Step 2: Skeet

Nah but for real though, Admiral's gonna flip ya. I'm going to box rush because #YOLO and try to stop Madscience from spinning because that is an especially speedily spinning species of robot. Fortunately, its elongated shape will make it hard for it to spin up again if I stay on top of it, and that puncher bar isn't going to do anything for it as it'll just glance off Admiral's angled front. And from there, if I can get it to the short wall, it's going right over! Zoom!

Of course, I need to not get obliterated before I can make that happen, but if I can tank hits with my more-armored flipper area (which I can, because Madscience is slow as fucc) I should last reasonably long. Madscience also has basically no traction too (except where spinning up is concerned) so hits are going to send it flying into walls pretty regularly. Hitting the wall should stop it or at least slow it down majorly, after which I can chase it down and try to flip it out.

Can I do that and send Madscience out of the arena? Or will it slowly tear Admiral to shreds? Find out next time on Dragonball Z!

GL Alex!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Madscience vs Admiral

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:36 pm

MADSCIENCE: 16/1+5/1/2 (1/1/1)/10 (+2 teeth)

Admiral: 7/6/1/6/10

I really do quite a bit of damage to him on this scale, especially if I can deal corner damage or hit anything but his flipper.

Okay, so the whole 'point myself in a random direction and dart away at full speed in a roughly straight line' thing has worked in a few of my recent fights. I'm under no illusions about having control or being able to turn at all, but it'll be helpful for getting the hell away from the low wall corner and avoiding a very likely box rush. As long as the tactic keeps working as well as it did in my other fights, use it as necessary to stop him from smothering me. Couple that with my +5 spin up bonus (which equals HELLA fast spinup) and the massive amount of bite I'll get. That should separate us by a ton and I should be able to get up to speed reasonably often.

He has a colossal speed edge on me when it comes to controlled movement, but any fan of robotic combat knows that this can be a game of inches. Just before impact, strafe with all my 1-speed might to the side. I won't make it more than a couple of inches, but his flipper is pretty narrow. I do 6 damage to the chassis beside it. If I can shred that, it's free 4 corner damage on his flipper thereafter. In general, given his flipper's narrowness, once I've put a gouge or two into it, that'll give me free corner damage there. Also, if he seems to be flip-happy, I can strafe backwards right before contact to bait a misfire. If I'm wedged, fire that punching bar nonstop. It won't find a ton of purchase, but an incline isn't exactly a surface that things just sit stably on. I should jar myself free eventually.

Following impacts, spin back up as quickly as I can. If I need to use the jet away tactic outlined above, then do it, especially if I'm anywhere near the low wall. Just generally stay more mobile and tricky than one would expect from a melty-brain, and focus on creating corner damage. I hit HARD. Just keep finding creative ways to deliver those hits.

GL dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!