Doomerang vs Death Metal: ROBOT3 WK 6 HW

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Shaba117
Team: Team Stealth Productions

Doomerang vs Death Metal: ROBOT3 WK 6 HW

Post by Shaba117 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:29 pm

DoomerangDeath Metal
ImageImage
Speed: 13 Speed: 4
Traction: 3 (+5 melty-brain spinup bonus for a total of 8) Traction: 2
Torque: 1 Torque: 1
Weapon: 3 Weapon: 16
Armour: 10 (+1 to the thwack teeth) Armour: 7
Config: Standard config Config: N/A
Starting in blue square

Soo, a melty-the speed stat is its weapon power and its weapon stat is its speed. It also has the traction spinup bonus and thwack teeth armor bonus. Doomerang also KO'd Night Jackal, which has identical stats to Death Metal, but with one glaring issue in its zero ground clearance undercutter. I don't have that problem.

I'll have my weapon turn in the same direction as Doomerang. Having the weapons spinning the same direction will be beneficial due to causing a larger hit as well as the weapons 'meshing', which will cause less damage than if they were rotating in opposite directions. Even with the thwack teeth bonus, they are still at 11 armor and I should be able to cause significant damage to them as well as the wheels. And, if even one wheel 'pod' is damaged/destroyed, that should hinder the robot barely driveable.

Spin up and head for the center of the arena. Doomerang can only translate at 3 speed, so its not going to get to me any quicker than I'm to him. Also, my bar has reach and I'm going to be connecting to him before he can connect to any part of DM that isn't weapon. Get in, hit him, get back under control, rinse, repeat. If he tries to flank, sit back a bit and just keep my weapon pointed towards him. Don't let myself become cornered/stuck next to the wall or give Doomerang any chance of hitting anything that isn't weapon.

GL, Dylan!