Terrible Toad Twins vs Kirby

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Terrible Toad Twins vs Kirby

Post by V900 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Kirby
Speed: 4
Torque: 1
Traction: 2
Fire (red)
Armor: 9
Weapon: 14
Terrible Toad Twins
5 Speed / 4 Traction / 1 Torque / 7 Weapon / 9 Armor (Each)
Oh hey look, a cluster that:
1. Can't deal any damage to me
2. Takes severe damage from my weapon
3. Has to smother me up against the wall to contend for an OOTA, which will be difficult with the V shaped plow they've both got going on

Okay, so game plan:

* Rush out to the center of the arena best I can. They've each only got 1 speed point on me, so I shouldn't be able to get box rushed too easily.

* Once I'm in a close range (1-3 feet), either swivel to the side or drive forward at an angle to aim for those chassis bits + weapon supports.

* If they both try approaching at the same time, go in on one of them. Not like I'll suffer any damage for it.

* The only thing I want to avoid is the wall. So, let's say worst case scenario: they both gang up on me near the short wall. My plan then is to drive in whatever direction is away from the Toads. While a 9 power weapon would in theory throw me 2.25 feet (9/4 ft) into the air, these are both half my weight. I'd wager that their lighter-weight weapons will struggle to get me over the 1.5 foot wall to begin with.

gl hf

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Terrible Toad Twins vs Kirby

Post by attackfrog » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 pm

I took out a mecanum-drive ring spinner already this tournament with the Toads, and I can do it again.

Now in theory I'm not going to be damaging that ring, but there's no possible way that mechanism isn't getting bent when it's hit by a vertical spinner from the front or back. It'll take a few hits, but at the very least Kirby's ring spinner isn't going to be spinning very fast by the end of the match.

Kirby's also a mecanum bot with 2 traction, so any hit is going to send it flying into the nearest wall. I just need to follow up before it can spin up again and I should be able to chain hits from there, sending it flipping into the air each time. If I'm lucky I may be able to take out one of its wheels and cripple it.

I just need to tank hits with the Toads' heavily armored spinners and follow up quickly afterwards. Kirby can strafe, but it's not nearly quick enough to flank, and with careful driving I should be able to hit it before it can hit the side of one of the Toads.

At the start I'll have one Toad come out first as "bait" to take the first hit, with the other following behind and to the side of it to chase after Kirby when it ricochets/is launched away by the first hit. From there I'll stay on top of Kirby as much as I can, letting one Toad spin up as the other goes in for a hit. I'll keep Kirby in the air until some part of it breaks or the match ends.

GL Noah!