Visual Assault vs Uptown Funk

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Visual Assault vs Uptown Funk

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:48 pm

VA: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 front)
UF: Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 2 / Armour: 10

I do have a 2 point speed disadvantage, which sucks, but I have a fork and a pressing wedge. I also have 2 more torque than him, despite how much he's already devoted into torque. and his good drivetrain means he's undercommitted to weapon. With 2 power on that flipper, he's going to need to get well under my main body before he can get a good flip off: and I have incredibly high torque, allowing me to j-hook off before he can get there.

There's 2 things I want to do:

1) angle in - doable even with a speed disadvantage if I press. Pressing might cut down on my turn speed (meaning I have to do it earlier), but at the very least I'm forcing a counter-angle out of a 2WD bot with imperfect control moving a lot faster than I am: he's likely to screw up, and I should still get under his front if we go head to head. going for the side lets me get my fork underneath closer to the midpoint of his chassis, potentially lifting him off of a wheel or two, or perhaps forcing him sideways, giving me his flank. Once I'm in, push the advantage hard and immediately try to flip him over. keep pushing him into walls and flipping him as he self rights, setting up at his rear to catch him, since he can't drive inverted.

2) come straight on - his tiny front forks are very unlikely to put up a serious fight with my front when I press. he's likely to angle in, and I'll kinda have to predict it to stay pressing. this is kinda the inverse of the first option, and should be used less frequently: just do it to keep him guessing.

Be aggressive, and don't let him snowball the speed advantage on me - I self right quickly and drive upside down, so I can combine tight jukes and surprise reverses with my quick lifter speed to avoid multiple flips and get back on my wheels.

He has the disadvantage in close quarters, so force it as often as possible: once I get there, I'll be able to keep control of him for a very long time.

GL

Hiicantpk

Re: Visual Assault vs Uptown Funk

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:37 pm

Alright, they're using the Duckface wedge so I guess I'll use all 4 wedgelets.

I have the drivetrain advantage, but they have more pushing power and a pressing wedge vs my 2wd static wedgelets. I don't know if my wedgelets can get under the beak of their wedge, but that may be the only place I have a chance to wedge under depending on how they drive.

Neither of us are going to damage eachother, so this match will be a matter of aggression and control. I have the speed advantage so in theory I should be a little faster at making moves and deciding where the fight goes, as long as I don't try to get into a pushing war.

Start off with a classic box rush, do my best to avoid them Angling in and try to get a quick flip off. Chain flips if I can, but its likely they'll rotate their wedge back in front before I can do much chaining. If thats the case, flip, make some distance, rinse, repeat, except not really because robots don't like water.

If they manage to outwedge me, at least one of my wheels should still be on the ground due to the shape of my chassis, so try my best to J-hook, fire the flipper to pop myself up or whatever else needed to get off their wedge.

Do my best to stay aggressive and in-control of the match so win that JD. Stay away from the walls, I don't want to risk me being the one OOTA'd in return.
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57