PneumatiX vs Venice Queen

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

PneumatiX vs Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:22 pm

PX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 4 Armour: 11 - IDK

VQ: Speed: 10 / Traction: 8 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 8 (+2 front) - flat wedge

high enough speed that I can angle in safely. he's pneumatic, I'm electric: he can run out of flips. his flipper arm is thin: he needs to get under me with the middle of his bot to have any chance at getting a good flip off.

yeah nah bro I ain't dealin with that front. Flat wedge because he has low armor plating around the sides so if I get under with it at all, he's gonna lost all contact with the floor and be extremely easy to push around.

and uh, yeah. be aggressive, angle in, manhandle him into walls and shit. don't actually flip him until the pin timer comes up or he otherwise nearly escapes, since he has no wedge escaping capabilities. see if I can prop him up against the wall with the rear of his bot directly against it - this will cause him to self right into the wall, and potentially not be able to recover properly (or at least make it very easy for me to re-wedge him). even if I don't pull this off, he can't dive inverted, so I can set up to get underneath his rear as soon as he self rights. I need to push my advantage for as long as possible, so eek out as much value as possible once I get the advantage.

if we get back to the neutral, more angling in. when he gets wise for it, go for ...longer angles. not all the way to the side, not a close angle in, but somewhere in-between, where it would be harder for him to counter-angle successfully.

if he gets under, honestly just floor it up the wedge. I'm so fast and I should already be driving at him, so it's my best chance, and I might be able to get in behind him: much better turning circle with my 4wd than his 2wd. if this doesn't work or obviously isn't right for the situation, j-hook off. I can drive inverted and am faster than him, so run away if needed before self righting. it is PARAMOUNT that I don't let him maintain the advantage for long periods of time (his control of me is a lot flashier than my control of him), so take the space I need prevent that.

if he camps the low wall, he has to be very, very telegraphed to get a successful flip off over that wall, since he needs to get me between him and the wall despite my massive speed advantage. punish that shit if I can, avoid when I can't.

GL

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: PneumatiX vs Venice Queen

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 pm

Using the forks.
Alright so basically he’s killed his chances of ever getting under me with his choice in config as I have a massive wedge advantage being 2wd and having narrower forks. His imperfection traction means he isn’t flanking me anytime soon as he skids about and oversteers a bit, trying to, leaving his sides exposed so I can just move forward slightly and give him a toss. The key in this match is not to get too cocky, just turning to face him at all times as he tries to flank me, only going forward to toss him if he over steers too much. He only has a 1 powered lifter which will be painfully slow so if I flip him and turn him over I can quite quickly push him to a walk and toss him out. This painfully slow lifter means that if he gets under me, he can’t flip me out-right without pushing me forward, meaning I can just use a flip to hop myself off, turn and give him a flip. Always try to juggle my flips to lead him towards an arena walk, my raised eyes act as stoppers. Self-right immediately if flipped.
Gl.