Hati vs. NKC (ROBOT3 MW Week 6)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hati vs. NKC (ROBOT3 MW Week 6)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Hati:
Speed: 8
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 0
Armor: 12

NKC:
Speed: 7
Weapon: 5
Armor: 11 (+2 to the wedge)
Traction: 5
Torque: 2

Sword config (forks) please. He said he’s using his forks too.

Go on the attack at the start and STAY on the attack. Since I’ve got better speed and traction see if angling in works out. Otherwise go in head-on.

His wedge is about equal to mine, except for one problem. He’s got both the pontoons and the lifter and they have similar reach. If he doesn’t press the lifter the lifter forks are basically hinged, if he does press them the pontoons are in the air, but he can’t keep weight on his whole wedge at once. The speed of the bots should pretty much mix up my attack angles and positions by default, but try to either get one of my pontoons between his or on either edge of his forks.

If I get under him, obviously push him around. Slam him into walls if he can’t get off, but be ready for him to back or spin away and keep pursuing him. If our wedges get locked somehow my higher torque should let me push him back until he disengages. If he gets under me… then head-on my pontoons will hit the near-vertical back of his plow and let me push against it, and even from the side he has no way of high-centering me. Push him back a bit to show dominance before backing or spinning off and re-engaging.

Now to his weapon. First of all his lifter will often just go between my pontoons and do NOTHING. If he does get me under the pontoons lifting will just tip me back, hopefully until I can just push forward and wheelie up and over and escape. His saw takes 24 seconds to get through my armor at all (static pin’s 15 s, good luck getting a long dynamic pin when you can’t high-center me), and Hati’s front is almost all wedge with nothing under it but wedge mounting. I don’t think he can even reach my chassis without getting completely behind me (so obviously avoid that). And because his lifter will lift my front and tilt me back, if he gets the saw in it’ll probably be on the forwardmost part of the pontoons. He can maybe put slots in them but that’s all.

Again: be relentlessly aggressive, take advantage of the fact that he has no way to punish me for doing so.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Re: Hati vs. NKC (ROBOT3 MW Week 6)

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:25 pm

come at him head-on. if he angles, counter-angle and try to force a wedge lock, if not just get in position to lock wedges as i approach. once we're locked, turn sideways and use the angled sides of my pontoon to sweep him up into the wedge. Lower the saw while i'm doing this and try to get a clamp while he's being clamped onto. If this works, take him to the wall and apply my saw directly to his forehead. If this doesn't and I lose the wedge battle, j-hook away and wait to see what he does. If he chases me down, immediately gun it forward and try to take him by surprise. Every time i'm wedged I want to mix up the timing, wait a little longer or shorter to get away and make it harder for him to immediately get the chase on me. Also keep the direction I move in mixed up so he can't get the read.

Keep up pressure if i'm not being wedged. The saw won't do a lot in this matchup but having a way to score damage points actively will definitely help swing the judges so use it when i can. Just win the wedge battle as much as possible and follow him if he shakes me off. keep an eye on how he escapes and in what direction and keep that in mind every time he drives off the wedge.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ