Hallucinogen vs. Flipcake (ROBOT3 LW Week 6)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Hallucinogen vs. Flipcake (ROBOT3 LW Week 6)

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm

Hallucinogen:
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14 (Horizontal config) OR 12 (Vertical config)
Armor: 7 (Horizontal config) OR 9 (+2 wedge) (Vertical config)

Flipcake:
Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 3
Armour: 10 (Frontal Flipper +2)

Drum config please.

He’s got a decent drivetrain advantage, but as a 4WD flipper he can’t press his wedge, so I’ve got like an 80-20 wedge advantage.

Spin up, get out of my corner, and be aggressive aside from keeping from engaging him too close to the low walls. Keep engagements approximately head-on, making reversing turns and darting forward again to counter attempts to get to my corners. I should be winning a significant percentage of encounters, and while I can’t damage the flipper itself I can throw him in the air.

If I get a hit in, aggressively pursue him and try to attack his wheels, wheelguards, the big blocky bits around the flipper hinges, and possibly whatever’s underneath the flipper to try and bend that up, because even if the flipper itself is durable if it can’t close all the way that’s goodbye wedge. Attack aggressively until my drum’s stopped.

If he gets under me, try to spin off – I have plenty of clearance to avoid getting high-centered. If I’m flipped it’s not that big a deal since I’m invertible and can keep the weapon spinning. See if I can use my rounded top skids to monstertruck up his wedge and dig the drum into his flipper hinge or wheels. If this isn’t working then back off and gyro back over – I’m not confident I can get good enough bite on his wedge when inverted to self-right that way.

In general I have the potential to do serious damage if I can get a followup hit, and because he doesn’t have the tools to pin me and run the clock down and he’ll be getting outwedged pretty often I’ll have a lot of opportunities in three minutes. In the meantime I’m happy to keep punting him around; I should be able to fight him on at least equal terms for aggression and control, and doing just about anything will give me the win in damage.

GL HF

British-Robotics

Re: Hallucinogen vs. Flipcake (ROBOT3 LW Week 6)

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:02 am

I'm going to be aggressive and act my weapon to be a wedge to try and counter his drum, if I manage to get underneath Hallucinogen I want to quickly push him towards the hazards, but if he manages to escape the piggy bag I'll reverse away for safety.

Just constantly keep on attacking the front of Hall, and attempt to parry his weapon, stay aggressive and jostle about to make it difficult for my opponent to try and hit me from an angle.

Good luck and may the best bot win.