ROBOT3: Electron vs Abyss

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

CodeSilver23

ROBOT3: Electron vs Abyss

Post by CodeSilver23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:41 pm

Electron: 5/2/2/13/8 (+2 wedge) *wedge config.
Abyss: 4/2/1/16/7

I WILL NOT BE LATE THIS TIME!!!

I'm going to keep driving past him by going forwards and backwards, instead of at him, so that he has to keep turning. Do that about ten times. Then, I'll act like I'm gonna do it again, but I'll stop a few inches short. He'll likely end up turning on accident, giving me access to his rear and those tasty tires. With his rear to me, I'll shove him against the wall and just feast on the back side of abyss.

GL monsterworks!
Last edited by CodeSilver23 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team 2nd Place
Rookie comin' to get yo cookie
REDDIT: Super Soldier (0-3)
ROBOT3: Electron (0-7)
Vexed!: Caffeine Machine (1-0)
Ayyy! got my first ever win this year!

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: ROBOT3: Electron vs Abyss

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Abyss: 4/2/1/16/7

Electron: 5/2/2/13/8 (+2 wedge) - One of two wedge configurations? I guess he doesn't have to declare :V

He is one point faster than me. That's about all he's got. I do four (probably corner) damage to him weapon to weapon, five shock damage, six to his wedge, and ten damage anywhere else. While my control ratio isn't perfect, his -3 is into severe oversteer territory, in addition to him being a 2WD vert that's vulnerable to high-centering itself through gyro lift when turning (I'll keep a wheel on the ground). Finally, his drum is taller and mounted higher up than mine, so if we end up wedge-locked, I'm getting under him and throwing him upwards. About those wedges...the shape of his feeder wedges just screams 'angle in on me!' while mine...doesn't. If he uses the plow, I have the wedge advantage and his stands a good chance of jamming his weapon up if I hit and mangle it. Something worth thinking about.

My essential tactic is just hit him anywhere that I can with my weapon, only make contact with my weapon, and make that contact count. He's at a disadvantage in a slugging match, so he'll probably have somem alternate tactic. Be constantly ready and on guard for shenanigans. They're coming in some form or other. I have a plan of my own, however: I wan to exploit his awful control. Spin up immediately and arc away from the low wall corner. An early OOTA is a very likely tactic from him, so don't hand him one stupidly. Anyways, present him my side, in the classic Black Dog bait move, and watch which way he comes. If he comes in hot and tries to take the wheel shot, reverse suddenly and then dart in. He'll probably have trouble stopping immediately. If he tries to use that as a chance to get to my back, he'll have to swing out a bit earlier, so just reverse a little bit earlier to achieve the same basic thing as above. If he wants to go weapon to weapon, then just take it gladly. Finally, if he's hesitant to engage, then take that freebie and turn to face him more slowly than I otherwise would to avoid gyro lift.

In general, there's a high chance that he'll try to make the fight a very mobile one in hopes of getting me to gyro lift. Problem with that is his awful control. He's more likely to give me a free shot than the other way around. If I see that he's goign to get a free shot somehow, Embrace the gyro. If I'm lifting, I can also floor it forward or back with the one wheel I'll have on the floor, either dodging him outright or altering where we impact so that I can be the one hitting him advantageously. He'll also have to turn suddenly, and that's not a great thing for him... Basically, counterpunch and counterpunch big.

GL my dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!