Sideswipe vs Omnicrap - HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Sideswipe vs Omnicrap - HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Sideswipe: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352
Omnicrap: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71350

Man, if I remembered that you can go 5 (3/3/3) I would have put a flamethrower on Sideswipe too. :V In any case, it's lifter vs. lifter, turret vs. holonomic drive. Who will be the liftiest? It's going to be me! Yeah!

Sideswipe will have its spiky plow on.

In the past, Sideswipe's lifter has been used for its namesake maneuver, coming around the side of a robot stopped on Sideswipe's wedge. That's not going to work so well here. Instead, the lifter will be more like a fencer's sword, pointed at Omnicrap as it circles around Sideswipe like a vulture around a water buffalo that just won't die. This will make it very hard for Omnicrap to get under Sideswipe's sides, as it surely will want to do. My lifter, meanwhile, should slide under Omnicrap's skirts pretty easily. (I'm not a molester, please don't call the cops!) After that, either Omnicrap will have to back off, making me look good on aggression, or I'll be able to lift it, making me look good on control.

I'm going to try to keep the body of Sideswipe (and its plow) facing Omnicrap, and to chase it around as much as my slower drive train will be able to, keeping the lifter pointed at it the whole time. If I can, somehow, I'll corner it and get a good lift off that way.

If Omnicrap gets under Sideswipe, which is likely enough to happen at some point, I'll try to back off the lifter while swinging my own lifter around to push myself out of Omnicrap's grasp.

In summary, I just want to be the lifteriest lifter in this lifter-off of a match.

GL Maxi!

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Re: Sideswipe vs Omnicrap - HEAVYWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 pm

Sideswipe: 5/4/3/5(3/3)/13 (+1 plow/forks)
Omnicrap: 8/7/3/5(3/3/3)/7
using this weird ass wedge with the hinged red wedgelets on the wedge itself

We got equal control and torque but i have significant speed advantage plus i can strafe. This also means that i win a pushing match by a bit.
flames might give me the damage point in the JD.

Basically i want to win the JD, i might be able to push him over the wall but i don't count on that actually working but i guess it doesn't hurt to try. Anyway JD, i want to be aggressive AF with my speed and stretch any moment where i have control for as long as posible to get control points.

I can circle strafe around him faster than his turret can turn, so i want to do that to get under his sides while avoiding his weapon without needing to press. Note that this cant be done at all if he is close to a wall. If this proves to not work just stick with normal attacks.
These straight on attacks consist on your normal charging in and pressing at the last second to get under, if he has his turret to a side approach closer to the other while facing the lifter.

If i get wedged good back off or something like that and try again, if he clamps me with the lifter (avoid this case btw) or something where i can't just back off adjust my lifters and fire the flamethrower directly at those exposed pistons or some other easy target.

If I get under i want to flip him or at least push him around if he stops himself with the turret or something. When i flip him he can also turn it to the side to self right AND escape simultaneously, i want to counter this by lifting the tip of my wedge and getting it over his arm before ASAP, effectively giving me a amazing clamp the judges will like.In other cases try to use my lifter as a clamp when i flip him.
Don't pin unless it's with his wheels on the ground because he can escape. He might do it anyways so don't rely on pinning, just push around and stuff.

If i get under him and then he uses his turret to get under my sides we will get wedgelockingfuck and idk what will happend then, if whatever happens benefits him focus on flipping as soon as i get under.

GL HF Frogboi
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53