ROBOTS 3 HW: V2 vs Blue Zenith

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 HW: V2 vs Blue Zenith

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:43 pm

V2Blue Zenith
Speed: 5Speed: 4
Traction: 3Traction: 2
Torque: 1Torque: 1
Weapon: 13Weapon: 16
Armour: 8 (+2 Wedge)Armour: 7
16 weapon blade to 10 armour wedge and 6 armour everything else. 5 Shock damage should take them down pretty quickly. Plus theres not much of a speed difference between the two bots.

This one should be pretty clear cut. Spin up then head out. There shouldn't be much box rushing with only 5 speed on their point so I'll have time to spin up. Now I don't know if whoever writes this fight has watched the current season of Battlebots episode 6, Valkyrie vs Rangarok. Sure BZ isn't an undercutter and V2 isn't a hammer but I kinda see this fight going a similar way with my weapon deflecting upwards off their wedge right into their weapon assembly, which should only have either 10 or 12 armour, not enough to stand up to my 16 weapon blade.

So yeah just go for that big weapon to weapon hit, and if the first hit doesn't end them, the second or third should. After that just clean up and end the match.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

Billy5545

Re: ROBOTS 3 HW: V2 vs Blue Zenith

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Aside from having somewhat exposed wheels, their armor is pretty fragile, with 7 armor, meaning our weapon can get 6 damage. In addition, their weapon and armor disparity means their weapon will slow down with enough hits as the match goes on. Also, their supports can be taken off, and the belt sniped as it doesn't have the criss crossing shape like Tombstone or protected with a panel. Also, they are slower than us.

Learning from what happened in the disaster that was the Death Metal and Doomerang fights, because of Blue Zenith's similar design (and for Doomerang, weapon power), we will first try to turn around Blue Zenith, opposite to where it's bar spins, which is to the left. This means we will go right. Don't box rush them. Rather than having their weapon hit our bot at all, we will try to drive around them, and bait them so they won't hit our bot, and end up hitting the wall instead, keep doing this for the rest of the fight, and only engage directly with our weapon, aiming for their support or wheels, when their weapon get stopped or slowed down to less lethal speed by hitting the walls or floor, or taking recoil damage from hitting the walls or floor as the fight goes on.

Drive well, and watch out for the opponent's trick. If they try to spin around us to hit us, like Tombstone usually does against bots, like Lock-Jaw for example, immediately back off straight at the first sign of that, and try to resume baiting. We have the speed edge to escape. If their weapon is disabled, our wedgelets will be able to get under their hinged wedge better, and the armor means it will get destroyed by our weapon.

Good luck Hii