Sixpounder vs The Terrible Toad Twins - FEATHERWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Sixpounder vs The Terrible Toad Twins - FEATHERWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:29 pm

Sixpounder: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71344
The Terrible Toad Twins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8985#p71352

Oh snap, match of the week boyos! The Two Terrific Toads are Tending to Triumph more than I would have foreTold. But will they be victorious against the six-pound Hellhound clone, I mean DUCK clone, I mean Breaker Box clone? That will be up to the very intelligent, good-looking and charismatic writer reading this RP right now. Yes, you.

Our edgy chrome-and-black friend here has got the speed and pushing power to cruelly abuse the Twins, as well as the armor to neutralize their fiercest attacks. Not so good for me, you say? Au contraire, mon ami! For though the Toads can deal no significant damage in this match, yet will they be able to knock Sixpounder into the air like a big buttermilk pancake. Mmm, tasty. Sending the thing out of the arena isn't out of the question either.

How do I do this, though? 6lb. does have the pressing wedge of its lifter, but the Toads have pointy wedgelets which are quite likely to get under it if they go head on. Sneak attacking from behind will be more of a challenge in this match due to 6lb.'s speed, but it's not out of the question.

I'm going to be keeping the Toads a far enough apart from each other so Sixpounder can't slam the both of them at once, but close enough together so that when Sixpounder attacks one of them, the other is close enough to deal a retaliatory blow. Ideally one of the two will send Sixpounder into the air with a good hit, and I'll be able to control the match that way. I just need to keep the Toads facing Sixpounder and side to side relative to it (to avoid having one Toad get pushed into the other.)

If Sixpounder's not being aggressive I'll go to it, but that seems extremely unlikely. So I'll use my standard "counter punch" tactics: hit with the other Toad as one's being hit. I'll do my best to keep the Toads from getting flipped over and right them by hitting something if needed.

My win condition is showing aggression by smacking Sixpounder around, control by getting the better of our engagements, and damage by uhh... having my hits looks cool. Or maybe I get lucky and send it out of the arena when it goes too ham. Anything is possible!

GL Alex.

The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

Re: Sixpounder vs The Terrible Toad Twins - FEATHERWEIGHT MATCH OF THE WEEK!

Post by The Monsterworks » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Sixpounder: 8 speed / 7 traction / 4 torque / 2 weapon / 9 armour - long pipes off. Wedge teeth on.

vs.

Terrible Toad Twins: 5 Speed / 4 Traction / 1 Torque / 7 Weapon / 9 Armor (Each)

Okay, toad gangbang incoming, friendo! He's either going to pincer me or counterattack with one and while I attack the other like his bot's really named Momma Bear. The goal is obviously to flip me over repeatedly, though a 1.75 foot flip isn't that impressive, and that's assuming he gets full bite. There's still a slight chance that he can OOTA over the low wall, but he'll need an absolutely perfect shot to do it. So, don't give him that shot. I'm nearly twice as fast as either of his bots. Use that.

Aggression on my part is mostly of the 'brick' variety. I have a Hellhound-level drivetrain (mostly because I just made a reskinned Hellhound. Sorry). Crucially, under ROBOTS rules, I actually push with more speed than he can drive. What this means is that, when I'm pushing one half of the cluster and murdering it into a sidewall hard enough to make kermit cry froggy tears, not only will that bot struggle to effectively hook off of my wedge, but the other half can't come white knighting in to save it. So, I'm either all the way in or all the way out. Finish a slam (hopefully flipping the frog over through sheer kinetic force and angle), and then j-hook away immediately to avoid the incoming vengeance of the other twin. If it overshoots or possibly gyro lifts trying to turn to stay in line with me, scoop that one up and pummel it into another wall. I want to keep aggressively mobile and use my massive drivetrain advantage to offset their numbers. Occasionally bait a run at one too to get him to overcommit to an attack.

My offensive endgame is as obvious as his: big slams, aggression and match control, and don't get juggled between them. He'll probably try to line them up to either side of me, close but not too close together as is standard cluster fare. If he does one behind the other, then just get a 2-for-1. I'll be coming at them faster than they can drive. Otherwise, approach skewed to one side to force him to adjust whatever formation he has. Angle in aggressively on the outer fork of one of the bots (the side not covered by it's partner) and scoop it up. Wall slam. If the other is within my path, then go ahead and grab it too.

Defensively, it's all about mobility. I'll get flipped, less than two feet. Oh well. It won't do any damage and I have a 360 lifter. Right back on the offensive, plow right back into his spun-down weapon. Don't self-right. Just bring the plow around. I want to be an absolute whirlwind. Judging is about perception. With neither of us able to deal damage, I want my smashing into him and big wall slams to be the more impressive offense and for it to be clear that scoring a handful of little flips on an invertible bot isn't match control.

Good luck, my dude!
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!