Hellhound vs Doomerang

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Hellhound vs Doomerang

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Hellhound VII: 8/7/4/0/11 (+2 plow) - no teeth or blocker

Doomerang: 15/1/1/3/10 (+1 teeth) - YOLO config

So, it's a spinner vs a brick. Melties have a huge spin-up bonus now, but he's still a three speed, poor control spinner with basically zero ground clearance. He'll necessarily destabilize/pinball/lose KE by hitting the floor every time my wedge hits him, and he'll do it for the hefty sum of 2 flat-surface damage. The plan is what it has to be: rabid aggression from start to finish. Keep my plow facing him at all times and smash it into him. See Rotator vs Tombstone or Shrederator vs Stinger for a rough analog of what that looks like. Obv look out for melty strafing BS and, FFS, don't be dumb enough to fall for it. I'm more than twice as fast and he has 1 traction. Even with that bonus, he'll have a hard time getting up to speed after hits.

His most likely Hail Mary tactics probably include some ricochet BS and trying to flip my unpowered plow over. Listen. The first is extremely unlikely and, even if it works, each ricochet it takes will cause him to lose 1/4 to 1/3 of his KE. Ads for the second, he's a horizontal and the completely smooth angled surface of my plow, resting on the arena floor, is gonna impart most of his KE back to him. There's no good reason for it to happen. If it does, I'm 100% reversible, so feed the plow carefully back into him (so he can't dart under it at my body with all that 3 speed) to toss it back over.

Basically ya, just go rabid dog mode from start to finish, keeping my plow slamming into his face and stalling him. He'll also be high-ended on it if I wedge him, so go for some serious 6-speed wall slams and try to stack him against a wall if I can/get lucky. Overall, classic Hellhound tactics with the addendum of watching for strafing, richochets, and other BS.

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49

Badnik96

Re: Hellhound vs Doomerang

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:53 pm

i don't have a ton of options here because he's more than likely just going to rush me down and pwn me all over the place, so i have to think tricky to pull off this upset.

Immediately strafe out perpendicular to the wall while spinning in hopes of avoiding a box rush. If he does end up doing this, try to swoop in from the side while he recovers and hit the 9 armor chassis at full force. While this might not KO him it should hopefully cripple him enough to make the rest of the fight a little more manageable. Following this hail-mary, focus on keeping my distance as best I can, trying to utilize my strafing to catch the corners of his plow and throw both robots apart. The less control he has of the match, the better my odds are. Also, at 2 corner damage he will start to crack over time, and that's what needs to happen so I can swing the decision. If he doesn't hit me head-on (which will be tough, since I want to constantly strafe sideways as he charges) I should be able to ride up his wedge and clip a corner, especially since he has no way of keeping me in front of him, so I can attempt to monster-truck over his big ol wedge and do something crazy. Be aware of my positioning as much as possible and try to stay near the center of the ring so I don't get WALL'd.

Good luck Laz and may the better robot win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ