TTT vs Blackburn Kangaroo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

TTT vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:28 pm

BK: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 16 / Armor: 7

TTT: Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Armour: 12 - Tall plow

generally speaking, the point of an ABR wedge is to have a long flat-ish section to dissipate the initial force of the blow, and then a hard raised angle in the back to protect your body and force the opponent to fly off at a funny angle. this tall plow is more or less just a duck wedge. That might work well in a situation where his opponent isn't an undercutting deathspinner, but as it is, he's giving me a lot of space to potentially snipe at his chassis, and a lot of space to deal full damage to his front.

to start, spin up facing the wall again (see my match last week) so that I can get out along the wall furthest from the short wall while trying to avoid the box rush. general plan for the first coupe of hits is to try and get myself to rebound towards the center of the arena - the quality of these early hits don't matter (though I should be trying to hit the same spot as much as possible to deepen the hole I will be making with 4 flat surface damage), what matters is getting to a point where I can control the center of the arena.

from there, try the classic wheel-bait trick, where I expose my ass, and then swing around with the rotation of my blade to catch him on the side as he moves in (see: tombstone vs Lockjaw). I can also start making more aggressive moves at him, moving in straight lines, aiming slightly to the left or right of his bot, trying to catch a corner.

if I start tombstone dancing hard, turn off the weapon. I don't have the same struggles as a bar spinner when it comes to spinning up when smothered: he can't get all the way up to my weapon shaft, which means that he is unlikely to successfully stall my weapon if I spin up when smothered. this means I should instead try to minimize self-damage, and then just spin up again when my wheels are both on the ground.

if he flanks and gets under from the side or rear, congrats, I'm an undercutter, it's hitting you anyway: I can still try to execute some of the same manuevers.

if inverted, I should be looking to hit the back corners of the upper wedge, try and weaken the connection between it and the body. if I have trouble driving forwards because of weight distribution when inverted, focus on just turning in place. this should be easier than when I was upright.

GL

Hooray For Lexan

Re: TTT vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:50 pm

GHOST-RPING FOR TRI BECAUSE HIS COMPUTER GOT FUCKED BY UPGRADES.

Sumireko config please, Gabe’s apparently going full weapon and why tf wouldn’t he?

Get across the arena pretty quickly, and… I’m a wedge fighting a horizontal spinner. Smother time. If Blackburn Kangaroo is right-side-up, the shallow tip of my wedge should help pop him up so that when he hits the steeper main part of the plow he’s already losing contact with the ground and the big hit will sent him FLYING. If he’s inverted, he’ll just be hitting the steep bit, but he will still get knocked around.

Stay on the attack and try to knock him into the walls, preferably herding him into the corners. However, always be on the lookout for swing-around maneuver, ESPECIALLY if he’s inverted, since there’s less “side” and a bigger risk of him catching an edge. I’ve got literally double his speed and can push faster than he drives, so if I can get his blade stopped I should be able to stay on him enough to make it really hard to spin back up.

Note also that his weapon is kind of on the self-damage threshold, and I can both make him deliver some pretty big hits to himself from hitting my steep plow and potentially knock him into the wall. His weapon won’t be at 100% the whole match, and while it is potentially dangerous to me he still needs to get a lot of hits in the same spots to be a KO threat as long as I keep him hitting the flat plate of the wedge.

GL HF