OwO Bot vs Black Dog

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Tcrrr
Team: Code Red Robotics

OwO Bot vs Black Dog

Post by Tcrrr » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:46 pm

OwO what this- 6/4/1/12/7 (+2 wedge)
Big Black Dog that kills itself- 6/4/1/14/5 (+1 drum)
Right so let's address the elephant in the room, he has 4 chassis armor.
Any hit I make to him, will shock him to death, and any hit he does to me, will shock me to death.
The first thing I will do is spin up, because I don't think any fight goes well for 1 bot if that bot doesn't spin up.
After I spin up, I'll avoid his attempts to angle in on my forks, then I'll get him up on the wedge. Once he is up there, I gotta hit the center (the supports for the weapon belt), in between the drums, then if he tries to hit me I'll back off, then charge forward to hit his center again. We'll be staying up close to each other as we got the same drive stats, and once I hit the center in between the drums, the hits to his chassis would do 4 shock damage, I'll avoid the drum at all costs, and I'll make sure I don't flip over too, if I do, hit the wall and self right ala bite force.

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Re: OwO Bot vs Black Dog

Post by Madman » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Black Dog: 6/4/1/14/5 (+1 drum)

OwO Bot: 6/4/1/12/7 (+2 wedge)

Okay, we have the same drivetrain and do the same shock damage to each other (I actually do .5 more). I win weapon to weapon, but neither weapon is breaking the other. I still do five damage to his nine armour wedge and that's probably corner damage because feeder wedges.

Anyway, this is basically a question of who has the better optimized design. My weapon is mounted way lower, has a higher tip speed and smaller radius, and should get under his pretty easily (possibly even if I'm on his skids, resulting in us flipping each other). Hits should chuck him and probably flip him, and he's only weakly invertible. If he's on his back and his weapon's stopped, I don't have to worry about any sort of offense from him. He'll also be seriously in danger of tipping to the side. Make him steer and tip a bit and just tee off. Chain hits for a killing blow.

Head to head, we're both 2WD toothed wedges. The difference is that his longer skids are way easier to angle in on. Don't force the issue since I'll gyro lift while turning. Just take the openings when they're there. I also wanna come in a little off-center to allow me to j-hook away easier and create more separation if he gets under and also to force him to turn a little for the straight head to head he probably wants with his narrower weapon. If he turns, he'll gyro lift too. Capitalize. His skids' positioning also makes it likely that my drum will just scrape against them and kick me backward and off if he gets under, so I might not even need to j-hook. However, when my shorter skids get under, he'll have a split second to react and then he's eating a hit from a 14-power drum.

On discord (there's something called invisible mode) he mentioned some big discovery he made about my bot. It's either a misinterpretation of self damage, of my invertibility, of the fact that he can OOTA me over the low wall, or he's gonna snipe my weapon belt. The first two are lol. The third has almost no margin for error and is easily countered by me not being a dumbass and hanging out with my back to the low wall, and the last is countered by coming in a little off-center. If I see him hunting for a particular shot or angle, try to always approach a bit offset or at an angle that forces him to turn and gyro lift. Basically, use better arena positioning to give myself opportunities to organically angle in and counter. Make him miss offensively and punish him, and make him have to retreat defensively. Once I land the big hit, chain him like there's no tomorrow. If I get thrown, go evasive the moment one of my wheels touches the ground. No hesitation. Don't let him chain. That's my thing :P

GL
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49