Kirby vs Mudcrab

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Cha0sFerret

Kirby vs Mudcrab

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Kirby:
Speed: 4
Traction: 2
Torque: 1
Weapon: 14
Armor: 9
Hammer, per the ping I received on Discord.

Mudcrab:
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 2
Weapon: 9
Armor: 8
Facemask, for the first time ever.

So with the 2 difference between his speed and traction, this guy's gonna have a bad time getting a shot lined up, plus he's slow-moving. I can't damage him, but I can flip him and chain hits together. The facemask goes up high enough that at close range, it should catch the shaft of his hammer and significantly reduce its effectiveness. It also ruins my bite and wedging power, but he has no wedge and I should still be able to catch his wheels. Even still, I out-push him. Priority one is don't get hit.

Claws forward. Head to the center, see what he does. If he's meeting me out there like a normal person, press my speed and control advantage and dart around him to get an opening (see Witch Doctor vs Shatter). Use the horizontal reach of my claws to my advantage here to get under him without necessarily driving directly at him, then turn toward him and push him/hit him properly. Get him on the wall and push into him against it. The idea is, if I couldn't hit him before, pushing him against the wall should force him up the facemask into the drum teeth. If we're on the low wall, I might be able to force him up and out.

If he camps in his corner... sit near him and wait him out. He's starting near the low wall so I can threaten a pin/OOTA/whatever if he sits and does nothing.

glhf

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Kirby vs Mudcrab

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:08 pm

star rod config bing bing wahoo

Okay so first things first: one hit from my hammer and his bot's up shit creek without a paddle. And unlike Sixpounder (who I won against, BTW), this guy doesn't have a 11 armor hammer blocker of doom. He does have this though:

Which, if he uses it, actually blocks his drum from hitting me. Like, look at the reach on this thing:

Paintjob lookin straight like a sirloin steak huehuehuehue

I honestly can't see the plow protecting against any hits. That's 8 armor (no armor bonus) vs my 14 hammer. Even if I hit with the hilt, I'm pretty sure that it will just dent on impact and let the hammer head hit his chassis anyway. Meanwhile his drum does literally 0 (zero) damage to my chassis at 9wep vs 9amr. My high ground clearance will let me ignore his sideclaws and allow me to immediately go for the big moneyshot. Space the attack a little, but don't spend too much time thinking- otherwise I'll spend too little time actually attacking. Aggro him in the center of the arena.

The ONLY thing to be wary of the possibility of an OOTA, and even that is only a possibility after:
1. He hits me with the drum (which, if he's using the plow, probably not gonna happen anyway)
2. Said hit lands me near the wall.
3. And most unlikely of all, he's still moving after our first exchange

Even then, I can use my mechwheels to swerve away from danger in the worst case scenario.

And if he doesn't use the plow, well, then he's just accepting the L then and there. Same strategy above largely applies though.

gl hf