Robots 3 MW: Der Adder vs Lethal Target

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Robots 3 MW: Der Adder vs Lethal Target

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:24 am

Der Adder: Speed: 6 Traction: 5 Torque: 1 Weapon: 11 Armour: 7 (+2 Drum OR +2 to Anti-Axe plate)

Lethal Target: Speed: 4, Traction: 3, Torque: 1, Weapon: 15, Armour: 7

Der Adder is not going to hold up well against my weapon, armour wise, however he is a little quicker, and the forks he has could be a problem, I need to protect my wheels from the drum so I need to show my spinning weapon to Der Adder, I'm going to take the risk in hope to hit the front edge or gash up the drum.

Maybe get a lukcy shot to kill the drum on Der Adder

Stay away from the arena walls at all costs!

Good luck and may the best bot win.

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Robots 3 MW: Der Adder vs Lethal Target

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 pm

Short Wedgelets, +2 to the drum.
Spin up as soon as the match starts, approaching him as a drum I should have the quicker starting time. I believe he’s using the Sketchfab render for this tourney which has many many flaws in its design. It’s bar is really stubby and has a tiny diameter, it will get very little bite if any. It’s got massive flat sides, at a perfect angle to get itself stuck on and finally those spinner bulkheads are ridiculously far forward and vulnerable so if I hit it into a wall, stop the blade or slow it down enough to be able to hit the bulkheads then it’s weapon is pretty screwed. The only things he can hit are my drum or my skirts which sort of act like sacrificial armour in this, lasting a couple hits. There is regular armour panels under the skirt too. If we hit weapon to weapon, I’ll be chucking him up, pressing my force down whilst he will spin off the deflection on impact, leaving his rear and sides exposed for me to attack and just juggle those hits, whittling down and buckling up his chassis. Always be aggressive, trying to juggle him into walls, possibly for an OOTA. Always be spun up and facing him weapon first. His traction to speed difference will make him rather pinball-ey on impacts.
Good luck.