Visual Assault vs Epicer Waluigi

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Visual Assault vs Epicer Waluigi

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 pm

EW: Speed: 4 / Torque: 1 / Traction: 1 / Armor: 8 / Weapon: 16

VA: Speed: 6 / Traction: 5 / Torque: 5 / Weapon: 5 / Armor: 9 (+2 front) - ABR (

The advantage of this ABR shape with the hammer blocker on it comes with my ability to block his weapon even if he's significantly taller than me, if he's spinning upwards. he has no control, and does not get to dictate how we impact: angling in for me is basically free if I ever want to do it, even with the closish speed, and I should by all rights be able to flank him too, simply because he'll fuck up eventually. his shape and very slow turning will minimize his gyro (as it does on huge), which is good for me: it removes his ability to do as many wonky things as he might want to do.

in general, usual anti-spinner stuff. safe aggression, don't get baited into bad situations by fake openings, etc.. if he's...

spinning up: stuff his front: head-on collisions directly into the weapon. slow it, then shove him about by the weapon (or the wheels if I have to, keeping my body under him to prevent a spinup. if I take too much damage, start going for just the wheels, as below.

spinning down: flank. Circle him until I can get under a wheel from the side, and then shove him about - try to get the weapon to hit into the walls, pin him, etc. I can try and get "behind him" so that I'm engaging with the spinning up side: he'll find it very difficult to turn around again once I get there since he has 1 traction.

either way, try to herd him towards the short wall. his shape means that he doesn't really launch me vertically, but he will definitely launch himself vertically, especially if he hits something spinning down (either me or the arena wall). see if I can get him to SOOTA if possible.

it's vital that I minimize the damage he does to me: I'm slow but fast to accelerate, so I likely HAVE to take a hit or two, but I have 13 armor on the front, so I can take what I need to and not take too much shock damage. Don't be a moron and keep on him, and I should have a chance.

GL

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Visual Assault vs Epicer Waluigi

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 pm

non-flail spinner yeaaaa boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

His ABR plow (at least, I'm assuming ABR plow) gives me plenty of area to bite. If I spin upward, I his his hammer-blocker and he gets punted across the arena. If I spin downward, he's got a good chance of me just climbing over the top and ruining his chassis.

He's not OOTAing me because my wheels are thick as fuck and won't fit in the 2ft gap between the inner and outer walls. I mean I guess be a little cautious around the short walls, but I can always monstertruck over him if things are starting to look dire.

HUGE doesn't gyro. I won't either. Even if I do, it won't be more than 15 degrees anyway. And even if it's more than 15 degrees, I've got anti-stuck prongs on my wheels.

Start the match, spin downward. Drive in directly at the opponent regardless of position in the arena (as long as I'm not lined up parallel to the walls, basically). Slap that plow to the ground if he thinks about lifting it. Aim for the chassis.

Don't worry about turning and lining up shots. Just attack. Attack attack attack, kill kill kill. He can't dodge forever. Especially not with 6 speed.

If he's far enough away from me, turn around 180-ish degrees to hit him with the disc spinning upward without having to reverse the weapon motor(s). Bitch-slap him a few more times, then reverse again. If he catches me mid-spin, turn whatever wheel's on his wedge to escape. This'll even put me in a position to get a hit in, so that's cool.

gl hf