Mul-T vs Blackburn Kangaroo

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Mul-T vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:00 pm

BK: Speed: 4 / Traction: 2 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 14 / Armor: 9 (+2 spinner)

MT: Speed: 5 / Torque: 1 / Traction: 3 / Weapon: 13 / Armor: 8 (+1 drum)

My weapon/weparm/armor: 14/15/7
his: 13/13/7

Same control, minimal drivetrain differences (he's not flanking me), I deal 1 damage to his weapon, he deals none to mine. he doesn't threaten a KO on my flat surfaces, I potentially do on his, and he has very exposed front forks that are not removable for me to hit.

start facing perpendicular to the wall that intersects the short wall, disc towards it, so that my startup torque will rotate me about 180*. I'm looking to get a clear shot out along the far wall, since he'll be able to establish control of the center of the arena first: I'll instead take the side safest from OOTA and try and build ground from there, slowly driving him in a direction where he could potentially get OOTAed from the force of his own weapon.

in general, focus on hitting his forks in engagements - breaking them makes his drum drag along the ground or otherwise not sit properly, and rules as written threaten a KO. ALWAYS aim for front-on engagements: I have enough range to hit his chassis before his drum hits mine from that angle (and if he hits my front it's all angles that should deflect the hit well), so even after his forks are gone I'm confident in my chances of avoiding the drum. If we hit weapon: weapon it's not the end of the world, seeing as how I still deal damage to him and take none. I'd just rather avoid giving him the possibility to chain hits if I hit the floor wrong and gyrodance.

my biggest worry from him is that he's able to chain hits: the fact that both of us have poor control, and that I'm an undercutter and will rarely be eating a hit full-on from his weapon SHOULD negate this, but I should also be mindful of this goal when I'm fighting: try to get knocked back in ways that will keep me clear of him - preferably towards the center of the arena and not too near the short wall.

if I get stuck upside down, hit him. It'll flip me :V

GL

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Mul-T vs Blackburn Kangaroo

Post by V900 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:54 pm

MUL-T's name is supposed to be all caps REEEE im leaving this dam retarted forum forever

drum setup

Start upside down, spin the drum downward to the ground, charge him at full speed. Be wary of any "oh tax cutter him lol" or "oh start 720 degrees sideways and do this wacky niche driving technique" type meme strategies and slightly adjust trajectory accordingly.

My goal is to monstertruck right over that disc and go for his chassis. Disc's too low to hit my own chassis. He might slash at my wheels, but remember: even if he cuts a giant gaping hole into the inner pair of wheels, the outer pair's still gonna keep on rolling. He'd need to actually strike my chassis to disable the drive motors (as mentioned, not gonna happen). SPEAKING OF... the area I'm planning to hit is riiight where the motor and/or axle should be to power his disc. Very interesting! Hoping to get it smoking from the 6 damage hit my drum can deliver to his chassis.

After the initial charge, drive into a wall to right myself. I'm faster, so I can do that. Finish the job.

If the weapons still going, well, then I'll have to settle for juking it out and waiting for that disc with the unrealistically low ground clearance to scrape the floor. As a reminder:
The floor is seamed, which could pose issues for hyper low bots.
It WILL happen at some point. Get him to steer a couple of degrees too many, and he'll start to have driving issues.

By "juking" I mean almost-hits, angling in slightly and baiting. If he whiffs the wedgelets, he'll just hit my drum and risk getting popped up into the air. When this happens, swooce under and get a chassis hit while he's wheelie-ing.

gl hf