ROBOTS 3 HW: Blue Zenith vs Sideswipe

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hiicantpk

ROBOTS 3 HW: Blue Zenith vs Sideswipe

Post by Hiicantpk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Blue ZenithSideswipe
Speed: 4Speed: 5
Traction: 2Traction: 4
Torque: 1Torque: 3
Weapon: 16Weapon: 5 (3 Turret, 3 lifter)
Armour: 7Armour: 13 (+1 Plow)
So the main thing I notice is the front plow is actually pretty steep. Despite it being 14 armour, its not going to do a very good job of deflecting me upwards, especially considering I'm a midcutter and will likely hit it on the upper steeper angled part. They also don't have a ton of drive advantage over me aside from the torque so they won't flank me as easily. Thier lifter does have 12? armour but considering how it doesn't look to be as heavy duty as the rest of the bot, I may be able to bend it and reduce its ability to wedge well.

Spin up and head out along the wall that would allow me to turn my weapon with the rotation of the blade into my opponent. The first hit is going to be a decider and I need to make it count. Expose my side and as they approach, accelerate forward, turn as hard as I can and try to rotate my blade either into their side or the sides of their wedge or their weapon if its what they're leading with.

After the initial hit just try to stay spun up as much as possible, stay away from the walls, If they're pushing me turn my weapon up to full and try to drive off or hit the floor with my weapon and fly off flailing.

GL
".. if Kody is removing OOTAs, I'm flying to Canada for the sole purpose of taking a shit down his chimney. :v: " - GF93

Team 57

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: ROBOTS 3 HW: Blue Zenith vs Sideswipe

Post by attackfrog » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:56 pm

I won't use the spikes this time.

I've got the armor to tank that spinner, the speed and control to keep my plow tanking the spinner, the torque to push BZ around, and the weird arm lifter turret thing to take control of it somewhat as I'm doing so.

The strategy is to be careful for "swing the spinner around" kind of stuff and just let that powerful spinner ping off my powerful plow and follow up after it as it spins away from the recoil, then push it and lift it if my lifter gets a good angle to do so. I'll keep the lifter behind me and out of the way the rest of the time. I'll win this on control and aggression. If BZ tries to wedge me I can outwedge it with my lifter.

GL Hii!